Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
So wait, Bunting is extremely overrated, and that small sample size last spring was a fluke?

Attachments

• 1729440278247.gif
    1729440278247.gif
    417.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Haha
Reactions: Gurglesons

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Bunting is a guy that Colorado, Edmonton, New York, and Florida would love to have.

He's a guy that would have been great when we had good teams (16/17) as that role player who pops up every 4-5 games.

His problem in 2024 is that he's supposed to be like, one of our best forwards. That's more indicative of our team than anything else. He makes the same money Hagelin did while here...and Hagelin was only ever a role player was he not? (Consider cap %)

So, if we're going to suck - perhaps we use him as bait alongside Jarry to dispose of them? Maybe try and get a LD in return? I'm not ready to give up on him...it's just that this team is still going nowhere without the top-6 talent for Sid and someone else on the left side. So...if we're staying put, why the hell would we keep the likes of Bunting? He can be dealt, so deal him. Same thing with Pettersson...though moreso in Petts case. I'm gonna puke when they re-sign him.

Reactions: Andy99

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Bunting is a guy that Colorado, Edmonton, New York, and Florida would love to have.
For 1/2 of his cap hit. That's why he was a cap dump in the Jake trade and why we'd have to retain to get positive value on him. Its a crappy contract for a depth forward.

Dubas is just stupid enough and loves the player enough to let the Canes off the hook on him.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The team has so few valuable assets. You simply cant ditch a player like Jake for a cap dump and a bunch of nobodies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
To add to the Bunting issue, he's most effective when he's playing like a dirty rat.

We all know Sully would not have that on his team. Dubas should have known that.
This was literally what I said I was worried about the second the trade was made. I was fine with Bunting and even liked the player, but I also wondered whether he'd even be allowed to play his game under Sullivan.

Imagine that. Sullivan turning a guy who plays with bite into yet another vanilla forward. Who could have predicted that?

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
This was literally what I said I was worried about the second the trade was made. I was fine with Bunting and even liked the player, but I also wondered whether he'd even be allowed to play his game under Sullivan.

Imagine that. Sullivan turning a guy who plays with bite into yet another vanilla forward. Who could have predicted that?
'Tis better to lose with a clean roster than to win with a greasy one.

- Book of Sully chapter 1, verse 69.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad