Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Going to be a rough upcoming season again. I wont be very interested this season. Hopefully we don't do something stupid like trade our 1st round pick for a rental to make the playoffs.
The best part of the season will be the trade deadline, but for different reasons. We'll be selling off players and accruing picks and prospects. The draft and what we garner in a trade will be our cup moving forward.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Glad you're not the GM, but don't worry, by JAN we won't be getting a sniff! And it won't be a mid 1st, oh no, it'll be a top 10 selection.
In this hypothetical, if we made the playoffs it would be a mid-rounder at the highest, so yeah, I reiterate, in this fantasy scenario if you told me trading it guarantees one more playoffs of Sid and co regardless of how deep they make it, I do it all day.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
In this hypothetical, if we made the playoffs it would be a mid-rounder at the highest, so yeah, I reiterate, in this fantasy scenario if you told me trading it guarantees one more playoffs of Sid and co regardless of how deep they make it, I do it all day.
Right, so you wanna put faith in Sid and the core, who by the way has not presided over us winning a ROUND in the post season since Sid was 30? That's a long time ago now.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'll be honest. If we had a guarantee of trading what would be a mid 1st rounder to get one more playoffs with this core, I do it 100%.
I don't see us as a mid 1st round pick anymore, we did not even replace Jake. We will be worse this upcoming season and again struggle even more scoring goals.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Also, we're done trading 1st rounders for the foreseeable future.

Yes? Who says no to playoff hockey with Sid? Madness. That's why we watch.
Because all they'll do is lose decisively in round 1. It's time to turn the page and build for the future, which of course has already started.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I don't see us as a mid 1st round pick anymore, we did not even replace Jake. We will be worse this upcoming season and again struggle even more scoring goals.
This is literally a hypothetical. As in "would you trade next draft's 1st rounder if it guaranteed making the playoffs, regardless of the outcome?'

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This is literally a hypothetical. As in "would you trade next draft's 1st rounder if it guaranteed making the playoffs, regardless of the outcome?'
IF Sid and Geno can't win with this team at 32 and 33, what makes you think they'd have any modicum of post season success at 37 and 38 with the same coach and a worse supporting cast?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Because hockey can be random and sometimes crazy shit happens? Also because, I reiterate, playoff hockey is why we watch and root to begin with.
Not if it means we get torched in the 1st round, which became customary with this team, no thanks! Best thing that can happen is we plummet (which we will) and we draft well and become relevant again.

This team isn't going anywhere anytime soon, you need to accept that! Or, you're gonna be sorely disappointed.

Not if it means a 1st round exit again.
Some unfortunately are gluttons for punishment. They simply can't let go.

Which is why Sid should have demanded a trade to COL. But he apparently wants to go down with the ship. Well, that's exactly what he'll do then.

At least we'll be picking high in the next few drafts, just gotta make those picks count!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad