Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Joseph isn't particularly good offensively, isn't super fast, isn't strong, isn't good defensively. I just.. don't see a path for him, I really don't. The hope initially was that he would develop more along the lines of a Dumoulin but he's not even close defensively.

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Very on brand.
My thinking behind this is that Laine is 26, can snipe and we'd be buying low. If he's anything like he was and though expensive, it'd be for two years. That would likely get the fanbase excited a bit. And we'd pick up a '25 or '26 3rd. Still have enough for Arvidsson.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
My thinking behind this is that Laine is 26, can snipe and we'd be buying low. If he's anything like he was and though expensive, it'd be for two years. That would likely get the fanbase excited a bit. And we'd pick up a '25 or '26 3rd. Still have enough for Arvidsson.

There isn’t a chance in hell Columbus is paying someone to take Laine and retaining on him.

Your thinking is delusional, foggy and just plain bad as usual.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I have a trade proposal I'd like to share with the board if I might. Just spitballin.

CLB Receives: Reilly Smith

PIT Receives: Patrick Laine with 1.7 mil retained and a '25 3rd

Now that's provided he's ''healthy''.
If Columbus is retaining the Pens aren't getting a pick back. If anything we're adding the late pick. Which I would still do.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
POJ is the kind of guy you play as the 3rd pair LD next to someone like Ceci, Lovejoy or Cole as the 3rd pair RD. The last time I checked, the Penguins don't have someone like Ceci, Lovejoy or Cole as the 3rd pair RD.

He's a pure transition defenseman on a team that has Letang and Karlsson on RD. Just not a fit here anymore.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
POJ is the kind of guy you play as the 3rd pair LD next to someone like Ceci, Lovejoy or Cole as the 3rd pair RD. The last time I checked, the Penguins don't have someone like Ceci, Lovejoy or Cole as the 3rd pair RD.

He's a pure transition defenseman on a team that has Letang and Karlsson on RD. Just not a fit here anymore.

St Ivany is our 3rd pair RD hopefully. I’d say he is a Lovejoy type.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If Columbus is retaining the Pens aren't getting a pick back. If anything we're adding the late pick. Which I would still do.
But we'd have two years of his salary while the Jackets would only have Smith on the books for a year. Laine has serious questions, and that would mitigate his value.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Dubas on POJ and other potential qualifying offers at the draft, per Haase:

"There's an arbitration element to it that is important to us, and cap space," Dubas said. "So you're trying to measure the players that aren't going to be qualified, the other players that are going to get to free agency to see if you go down that path, what is that cap space? What type of player do we have? Is it better or equal? Can we get the same for less money? There's all those types of things. So we'll work through that."

Also...

And can we pick a salary cap/off-season thread? Why do we have two?

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Dubas on POJ and other potential qualifying offers at the draft, per Haase:

"There's an arbitration element to it that is important to us, and cap space," Dubas said. "So you're trying to measure the players that aren't going to be qualified, the other players that are going to get to free agency to see if you go down that path, what is that cap space? What type of player do we have? Is it better or equal? Can we get the same for less money? There's all those types of things. So we'll work through that."

Also...

And can we pick a salary cap/off-season thread? Why do we have two?
Don't see the point of Joseph unless he's a #7.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
1719793945685.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: