Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
At this point I'm looking for a Smith trade and a top 6 winger replacement. Ideally a RHS power play trigger man. Maybe a 3C. Thats all I realistically see.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

2 teams in on Gibson apparently, with a mystery team as the other team. Super curious for who that other team would be, no one really sticks out as a super logical fit there.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't see why Anaheim would trade for Jarry, they're moving Gibson to let Dostal be their new starter. I think they're a team that would be signing a veteran backup like Talbot, I don't think they'd be interested in Jarry.

Not from anyone legitimate, but the 2 teams people are wondering about as the other team in on Gibson are Edmonton (with Campbell+ for Gibson) and Utah (with Vejmelka+ for Gibson). I don't know why Utah would do that though, Ingram was really good for them last year as the starter.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Why is Anaheim taking on Jarry if they are getting out of Gibson?

I could see them trading Gibson straight up for Jarry. But if they get Detroit to take on Gibson. They likely just go with Dostal and a cheap vet back-up like Talbot or whatever.

Not saying I agree, but their perception could be they view Jarry as having "change of scenery" upside.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm still not even convinced Jarry is being actively shopped or the Pens have any real desire to get rid of him tbh. I know there are guys saying shit like "Y'know I look around and I, for some reason, think of Tristan Jarry" etc, etc. But until something happens, I'm gonna remain skeptical that this team's smart or bold enough to get rid of that dude.

Reactions: Gurglesons

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I don't think they're shopping Jarry. Which makes the Ned signing even more puzzling. We are literally gonna run the same tandem next season, only more expensive 🙄🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Andy99

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Would be hilarious if Pens went all in on age and brought in Stammer and Kane :laugh:

all jokes… but that would actually fix the PP :sarcasm:
I'd be completely on board to replace Smith's 5MM with either Stamkos or Kane. I wouldn't want to give Kane multiple years since he is a 35+ contract, but I'd give Stamkos 3 years just so the powerplay could not suck.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
That could be a ploy by Detroit given how team and agents have seemingly weaponized insiders and twitter these days.

That's kinda what I am hoping for to be honest.
Nah, they have Dostol who is probably ready to take over. His age fits well with the core. They might add a cheap vet on top but I think the idea of moving on from Gibson would be to make room for the next gen.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Kane and Stamkos coming here would be like the 2002 Red Wings. Old, but could win the cup.

Stamkos alone would be the difference maker bc of where he parks on the PP. I'd even take Laine to be at this spot.

Reactions: Maninthebox87

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Why is Anaheim taking on Jarry if they are getting out of Gibson?

I could see them trading Gibson straight up for Jarry. But if they get Detroit to take on Gibson. They likely just go with Dostal and a cheap vet back-up like Talbot or whatever.

I think Jarry will do better with a change of scenery. Maybe other teams feel the same way. Also Jarry could be had for pretty much nothing. You can platoon them and trade Jarry later if he bounces back. It's a risk sure but they have the cap for it. Dostal cost nothing and will not cost much in the near future. By the time they have to pay him Jarry will be off the books.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Teams typically build based on trends. This year was super tough to evaluate because you basically have a well-built Florida team that has a solid mix of everything but they were almost beat out by a one-man team.

So unless you are adding Conor McDavid...what trends do you follow that help improve the team?

I know it's jokes but Kane and Stammer aren't helping the playoff race nor IN the playoffs, realistically speaking but:

Rust-Sid-Kane
Bunting-Geno-Stammer
DOC-Eller-Rakell

would be nothing to shake a stick at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad