Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
WAAAAAAY too much goaltending talk on this board. People are fricking obsessed with goaltenders. Geez.

Meanwhile, average goaltenders win Stanley Cups and reach the finals seemingly every damn season.

The league has started to devalue the position. Perhaps this board should as well?
But Gibson is from Pittsburgh bro!!!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Imagine being content with Jarry as your team’s starter or clamoring for the Pens to acquire Gibson.

What year is it?

Pens rank 22nd…says Jarry inspires no confidence and they’re right…I think we’re stuck with this shitty contract Dubas signed, just like Graves…

Someone at work told me there is a rumor that Sully was ticked that Jarry didn’t seem to care about losing his job.

It is odd he just kind of shrugged his shoulders.
That’s what Madden or DK heard…read that from one or the other…

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Also forgot to mention: DK says in his morning podcast that his information from the Pens is that Jarry is not on the block, will start the season with the Pens and Blomqvist will be in the AHL again…

• Haha
Reactions: Turin

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That Athletic article had Edmonton as the 9th best goalie situation and above Tampa Bay.

Whatever model they’re using to base these rankings on needs to be thrown in the trash.
They do get the Pens position generally right imo…bottom 10 team in league in goaltending

Epic Neal Time

Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
He will get that deal, but he'll go to somewhere that's guaranteed to make the playoffs, since he's never played a playoff game. Florida or Dallas sound about right.

Skinner seems like this years version of Duchene. Would be a terrific target on a short term deal for the Penguins I think. He’d be a good guy to give a 1 year, $4 million type of deal to play with Crosby.

Reactions: Andy99

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Also forgot to mention: DK says in his morning podcast that his information from the Pens is that Jarry is not on the block, will start the season with the Pens and Blomqvist will be in the AHL again…
All that "Jarry is on the block" crap comes from Friedman speculating. "I wonder if Jarry will be in play" or words to that effect. He said nothing about hearing that.

Naturally Pensburgh takes that quote and slaps on the clickbait title "Tristan Jarry is on the trading block".
I wish people just got fired for this shit, like they deserve.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
All that "Jarry is on the block" crap comes from Friedman speculating. "I wonder if Jarry will be in play" or words to that effect. He said nothing about hearing that.

Naturally Pensburgh takes that quote and slaps on the clickbait title "Tristan Jarry is on the trading block".

Friedman explicitly said that Jarry was available in his 32 thoughts yesterday.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

He said a source told him Jarry was on the block, and Chris Johnston said he definitely was. DK is the one way more likely to be making shit up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad