Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Because:
1. We don't need a $8mil+ anchor contract at this moment.
2. We don't need a minimal effort player on the roster, especially at 3C.
3. We do need a solid, physical wing to help reshape the bottom 6.
4. We don't need to do more Karlsson-esque trades to retool.

Go ask Kings fans who they would rather trade at the moment...

1. We currently have a 4.5 mil dollar anchor contract and a 5.5 mil dollar anchor contract in Graves and Jarry at teh moment.
2. Phil Kessel was a minimal effort player.
3. PLD is physical.
4. The trade proposed is one of Graves or Jarry for PLD. No picks involved.

I don't care what Kings fans think. PLD has historically been a solid player. I'd much rather take a risk on him at 26 than Jarry or Graves bouncing back.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
1. We currently have a 4.5 mil dollar anchor contract and a 5.5 mil dollar anchor contract in Graves and Jarry at teh moment.
2. Phil Kessel was a minimal effort player.
3. PLD is physical.
4. The trade proposed is one of Graves or Jarry for PLD. No picks involved.

I don't care what Kings fans think. PLD has historically been a solid player. I'd much rather take a risk on him at 26 than Jarry or Graves bouncing back.
Which is why, ya know, he was run out of Columbus AND Winnipeg during which times both teams were competing for Cups. Kessel was sent out of Toronto when they bottomed out.

PLD has been a no-show for LA this playoffs as well.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
lol what?

He requested a trade out of Columbus and he told Winnipeg he wouldn't sign there.
"I just KNOW he'll play hard and try on his fourth NHL team. Those three before that were just one-offs. Dude is fo real!"

Uh hu.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
"I just KNOW he'll play hard and try on his fourth NHL team. Those three before that were just one-offs. Dude is fo real!"

Uh hu.

I know you don't watch other teams so you have no comprehension of what you are talking about, so I'll just let you roll with sounding dumb.

Dubois played fine with Columbus until he wanted out. He played find with Winnipeg.

If you can get him for Ryan Graves or Tristan Jarry you jump at that deal.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
It’s sad for those people but clearing out the overpaid, fake inflated title execs out of Operations doesn’t exactly scream anything bad lmao

It has been said the Pens need to make R2 to generate any material profit though.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The Penguins Chief Revenue Office, Senior Vice President of Partnership Marketing and Operations and Senior Vice President of Partnerships were among the high-ranking employees let go Wednesday.
Not that I don't feel for them but this is nearly irrelevant to the on-ice operations.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I know you don't watch other teams so you have no comprehension of what you are talking about, so I'll just let you roll with sounding dumb.

Dubois played fine with Columbus until he wanted out. He played find with Winnipeg.

If you can get him for Ryan Graves or Tristan Jarry you jump at that deal.
Guentzel+1st for Sam Bennett.

Take a seat bud.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I mean we pretty much just swap ages of guys we are losing to guys we are adding.

Marsh will be 34 this year.

Guentzel+1st for Sam Bennett.

Take a seat bud.

Seems to be doing fine in Florida since his trade.

Point still stands. PLD would be about as good as you can get if you are trying to get out of Graves or Jarry's deal.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Marsh will be 34 this year.

Seems to be doing fine in Florida since his trade.

Point still stands. PLD would be about as good as you can get if you are trying to get out of Graves or Jarry's deal.
Smith/Marshy are 4 months apart.
Stepenson just hit 30 while Rakell is 31 in 4 days.

I mean we don't get younger but we also don't get older.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I mean, absolutely f*** Graves and Jarry. But also f*** PLD. Dude's overrated as all shit and his contract is f***ing awful. :laugh:
Trading either or both for PLD is the equivalent of

"Oh man, I sat in gum. Dang it. What should I do?"
"Shit your pants, bro! That'll help!"

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
His contract is pretty much the going rate for a 60+ point player with some RFA / UFA years at his age these days.

His contract probably looks fine by the time Malkin retires.
Let it be fine on whatever team he happens to be on every like 9 months of however long it takes him to be traded/ask to be traded then. :laugh:

I think Jarry can be dealt. People are always looking for goalies. I think the team might just be stuck with Graves.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I'm not interested in taking on PLD's contract. If we were going to entertain that type of move, there are better candidates than PLD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad