Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I feel like we should throw in ZAR too.

We definitely should.

The JJ trade will not have anything we want thrown in. And it will not involve additional cap added unless we are taking significant cap and term back.

I’d hate to cut bait on Kahun so quickly but JJ + Kahun would probably be a solid deal for some team looking to compete.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The JJ trade will not have anything we want thrown in. And it will not involve additional cap added unless we are taking significant cap and term back.

I’d hate to cut bait on Kahun so quickly but JJ + Kahun would probably be a solid deal for some team looking to compete.
JJ+Kahun+ZAR.

giphy.gif

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Holland has never made those types of moves. Detroit has signed vets to fill in roles to not rush their prospects, because they know how to develop.

I know....was a joke. Thats what they've done lately.

But during their cup years....the Rust types were their important role players. Drafted guys who filled their bottom six.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Holland has never made those types of moves. Detroit has signed vets to fill in roles to not rush their prospects, because they know how to develop.
Holland was an idiot, the fact that he's in Edmonton now is hilariously perfect. He'll now let prospects marinate until they're on the wrong side of 25 and sign a ton of vets and McJesus will continue to be put in a spot to just get loads of pts because that's his future there.

Back to the trade...if the Avs sort out that Ranta thing, which they should after the many bridge deals everyone has settled on, I am curious what the cap leftover will be.

Assuming he gets a tiny bit more than Laine for like a 2-yr deal (let's say 7.25m/yr) then that leaves a little over 7m in cap space for them to take on Rust and JJ if they wanted both. Rust fits their speed game that they're trying to surround Mack with finally, JJ might just be a vet thing they want.

I have always liked Zadorov so I would even take that dude back if they took those 2 guys, allows our cap to be fine in that scenario.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Holland was an idiot, the fact that he's in Edmonton now is hilariously perfect. He'll now let prospects marinate until they're on the wrong side of 25 and sign a ton of vets and McJesus will continue to be put in a spot to just get loads of pts because that's his future there.

Back to the trade...if the Avs sort out that Ranta thing, which they should after the many bridge deals everyone has settled on, I am curious what the cap leftover will be.

Assuming he gets a tiny bit more than Laine for like a 2-yr deal (let's say 7.25m/yr) then that leaves a little over 7m in cap space for them to take on Rust and JJ if they wanted both. Rust fits their speed game that they're trying to surround Mack with finally, JJ might just be a vet thing they want.

I have always liked Zadorov so I would even take that dude back if they took those 2 guys, allows our cap to be fine in that scenario.

So. Avs are moving Zadorov for JJ and Rust? Lol.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Honestly what a life. 700K a year to work out, travel with your buddies and be an NHL player without the day to day physical toll of the season. Whenever you do get a game here and there you’ve set the bar nice and low so nobody really cares how you play. Only downside is sometimes Geno will call you out in the video room.

Chess not checkers. Ruh’s got it figured out.
Not a bad gig but I'd still rather be a LOOGY on an MLB team. More money and you have a job for decades if you are even sort of good.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad