Proposal: Penguins-Stars Young Player Swap

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Penguins trade Daniel Sprong
Stars trade Devin Shore

The Penguins sacrifice some upside to fill a position of need, and the Stars get some help on RW at the expense of an expendable center. How far off is this deal? The Penguins 3rd line would likely be Guentzel-Shore-Kessel, and I imagine Sprong would slide in on the 2nd line with Janmark and Spezza.

John Matthews

Dec 4, 2017
On a computer
Stars trade Devin Shore

The Penguins sacrifice some upside to fill a position of need, and the Stars get some help on RW at the expense of an expendable center. How far off is this deal? The Penguins 3rd line would likely be Guentzel-Shore-Kessel, and I imagine Sprong would slide in on the 2nd line with Janmark and Spezza.
Shore isn't nearly good enough to warrant giving up Sprong. Sheahan is better than Shore... Why even make this thread?

Reactions: td_ice

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Shore isn't nearly good enough to warrant giving up Sprong. Sheahan is better than Shore... Why even make this thread?

I don't think so, pal :laugh:

Why even make this thread? Well, Shore has basically everything the Penguins are looking for in a 3C (strong 2-way player, meshes with skilled players and kills penalties), is still young and cheap and has room to grow. The Penguins might be sacrificing some upside, but it fills a huge position of need for at least 4 years beyond this year (he has 4 RFA years left).

Reactions: Kuola and Kcb12345

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
looks like a fair trade. idk if dallas would do it because idk who would replace shore

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Sounds like a deal to me

I’m not a fan of shore but he is a very good play maker and is fast, maybe him and kessel would mesh well together

Reactions: Kcb12345

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
In this case, it would be Sprong. I imagine Janmark would slide to LW, which is where Shore is currently playing, and Sprong would be on RW in the top-9.
Agreed that’s what would happen and then next year when nuke comes back then sprong would be on our third line with russel and faska

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Stars trade Devin Shore

Would be okay with trading Sprong for a center but I don’t think that center should be Shore. Sprong’s potential is high enough to either hang on to him, trade him for a center of equal potential, or a better center than Shore. Faksa is the center I would want from Dallas and he’s likely not available

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
Stars trade Devin Shore

It sounds like a pointless trade to me.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
looks like a fair trade. idk if dallas would do it because idk who would replace shore

I wouldn’t worry about that.

This deal favors Dallas. The Stars should add. I’d personally add a second round pick and Bayreuther to start with. I’d throw in Ritchie, too. Not sure that will cut it.

Getting a Dutchie to play for my team would be a pipe dream, though.

That said, Shore isn’t really a typical third line center. He mostly plays wing and shuffles up and down the line up. Decent player in most facets, but doesn’t stands out in anything. Looks like a career top nine forward, capable of 15-20 goals a season in a good year. Pretty dime a dozen type, to be honest. Not sure why the interest.

Pens should want Faksa a heck of a lot more, but he’s not available at all.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I wouldn’t worry about that.

This deal favors Dallas. The Stars should add. I’d personally add a second round pick and Bayreuther to start with. I’d throw in Ritchie, too. Not sure that will cut it.

Getting a Dutchie to play for my team would be a pipe dream, though.

That said, Shore isn’t really a typical third line center. He mostly plays wing and shuffles up and down the line up. Decent player in most facets, but doesn’t stands out in anything. Looks like a career top nine forward, capable of 15-20 goals a season in a good year. Pretty dime a dozen type, to be honest.
a dutch hockey player. wow things have changed.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
As a Pens fan, really don't want to lose Sprong. It also sounds like DAL isn't that high on Shore.

Would Sheary / Shore be dooable as a base instead of Sprong?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm surprised so many Stars fans are saying this is a steal for the Stars (and Penguins fans saying it's a bad deal). Shore seems like a really good well rounded player, a jack of all trades type of player. He gives me a Bonino vibe from reading about him, good at both ends of the ice and can play in all situations. A younger Bonino that can skate better would be an amazing player to acquire for the 3C spot.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm surprised so many Stars fans are saying this is a steal for the Stars (and Penguins fans saying it's a bad deal). Shore seems like a really good well rounded player, a jack of all trades type of player. He gives me a Bonino vibe from reading about him, good at both ends of the ice and can play in all situations. A younger Bonino that can skate better would be an amazing player to acquire for the 3C spot.

Emp, are you sure you're thinking of the right guy?

Shore's barely played center this year (and overall doesn't seem very good at faceoffs), isn't producing all that much, is a -18 on the year, and has poor advanced stats.

That doesn't really scream a guy I'd trade the Pens' best and only blue chip offensive forward prospect for.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad