Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Sidney Crosby to two year extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hope he likes golfing in April every year.
You're right about that, he won't see the playoffs here for the remainder of that contract!

Not trading him to COL is a mistake, but but season ticket holders!!!!! Well, they can watch him play never to collect a post season point again as it stands now.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Say what you want. He only wants what's best for this team. He's proven it time and again.
The best thing for him as well as the team is to be traded to the Avalanche for a massive package. That wouldn't preclude him from finishing his career here however.

nohero

Aug 27, 2014
Maybe I'm the only one seeing it this way, but I also think the team-friendly price and term keep his own options extremely open. If they continue to slide, he can ask for a trade to the team of his choosing at any point and his contract is extremely palatable for a contender, and reasonably easy to fit under a cap (especially prorated at a deadline).

I think he likes being considered a team-first guy and he continues to secure that legacy. If the Penguins pull off some miracle and turn things around, his contract is helpful from a cap perspective. If they can't stop the bleeding, he has one of the most attractively tradeable rental contracts in the game.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Not surprised at the cap hit, that's just typical Sidney Crosby style.

I am shocked he didn't go 3rd year. This effectively ends his career funny enough a year before Letang and a year after Malkin. I get this feeling Geno might extend at half his cap hit for 1 more year just to retire with Sid, which would be cool. Gives me time to see them as many times as possible as well before it's over with the two Franchise Legends.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Not surprised at the cap hit, that's just typical Sidney Crosby style.

I am shocked he didn't go 3rd year. This effectively ends his career funny enough a year before Letang and a year after Malkin. I get this feeling Geno might extend at half his cap hit for 1 more year just to retire with Sid, which would be cool. Gives me time to see them as many times as possible as well before it's over with the two Franchise Legends.
I could see similar things… Letang retiring a year early… maybe Malkin extends for very cheap for 2 years and Sid extends for 1 more after this so they all go off together? I’m not sure but there are a lot of ways I could see this play out.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Not sure if he or Kathy want children.
A lot of players wait until they're finished and if you know anything about Crosby, like even just surface level shit as a non-Penguins fan, you'd at least know one thing about him - his dedication to the game.

So it makes sense he doesn't want to commit to a family that he wouldn't see often because his career is #1 to him right now, I would wager his final year or two when he's really about to pack it in, he'll get married and the kids thing if he wants it, will come after. Crosby for the years we Pens fans have watched him, has been one of the hardest workers on and off the ice, his dedication to the game borders on the crazy side for how hard he trains, his charities, etc. There's a reason a lot of players say things like it's unfair to their wives and kids to do this or that and that it's time to be a Dad and Husband for a while, the travel, training, etc...it's a lot for someone to do alone while their partner is off half the year playing and training.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
A lot of players wait until they're finished and if you know anything about Crosby, like even just surface level shit as a non-Penguins fan, you'd at least know one thing about him - his dedication to the game.

So it makes sense he doesn't want to commit to a family that he wouldn't see often because his career is #1 to him right now, I would wager his final year or two when he's really about to pack it in, he'll get married and the kids thing if he wants it, will come after. Crosby for the years we Pens fans have watched him, has been one of the hardest workers on and off the ice, his dedication to the game borders on the crazy side for how hard he trains, his charities, etc. There's a reason a lot of players say things like it's unfair to their wives and kids to do this or that and that it's time to be a Dad and Husband for a while, the travel, training, etc...it's a lot for someone to do alone while their partner is off half the year playing and training.
While this is true, it's also possible he and Kathy don't want kids. IIRC, Kathy is a model, believe she's been very career focused, just like Sid.

Reminds me of Paul Kariya and his longtime partner Valerie Dawson, who is also a model. They've lived a quiet, private life and don't have kids.

Reactions: Lustaf

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
You know there's nothing to talk about when these types of posts start popping up.

I don't like these kinds of posts, period.
It's 1 thing to speculate on injuries and such, but even if Sid were gay who really gives a flying f***? Dude is 1 of the best ever and I don't care what is sexuality is or if he makes loves to couches in his spare time.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I’m glad we’ve made the natural evolution from “Sid is mad and leaving” to “Sid is gay”
And people wonder why there are those who take most of this board's opinions seriously.

I think this entire conversation is why Sid is as private as he is. Jesus.
If Sid gets married and has kids, it's even MORE evidence he's gay, and is just doing that to keep up appearances,

Am I doing this right? (members of congress notwithstanding).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad