Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Sidney Crosby to two year extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well you always wanna make sure you leave an extra 3-5M free in case there's an opportunity to take on an abhorrent contract for statistically insignificant draft picks.

But no for real they are like 870K under the cap. Which when you look at this roster it's downright impressive in a sad and wasteful sort of way that they are this close to topped out considering I can already smell the dumpster fire from here.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
He was crazy good for his age but he was still below ppg.
He was but that was in a lower scoring era. I think Jagr in his early 40s could probably put up close to a PPG in today's NHL if given top PP billing. The game is a lot more friendly to scoring now.

In any case regardless of the raw production Jagr was putting up he was still an analytical beast as well who controlled play on the ice. I bet that even if Sid's on-ice numbers decline with age he'll still continue to create lots of chances and control play. Jagr pretty much did right up until he left the NHL, and Sid is that caliber of player.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Well you always wanna make sure you leave an extra 3-5M free in case there's an opportunity to take on an abhorrent contract for statistically insignificant draft picks.

But no for real they are like 870K under the cap. Which when you look at this roster it's downright impressive in a sad and wasteful sort of way that they are this close to topped out considering I can already smell the dumpster fire from here.
This is your hyperfixation now, huh? :laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm grumpy and bored enough to have multiple fixations, thanks.

And besides I'd rather be fixated on the disappointment of my favorite team giving up too soon rather than fixated on the disappointment that they didn't give up even sooner.
What's people's new cap site? Stupid Capitals bought the last one I used.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I don't understand. all last week crosby was saying he wants to play for the habs for free

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015

I just accept we aren't competing for a playoff spot let alone a cup this season, intentionally. Through that lens, the cap space is weaponized for future improvement via taking on the Hayes contract, retained salary that disappears next year, and a bunch of marginally above league min lotto tickets or rental candidates that will either pay out or be gone (Eller, Glass, Beauvillier, Grzelcyk, Aho). I'm going to attempt to enjoy watching young players enter the lineup, reclamation projects find their form, and aging vets get moved for picks. If that doesn't float your boat, feel free to take this year off.

Reactions: Jdodd

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I just accept we aren't competing for a playoff spot let alone a cup this season, intentionally. Through that lens, the cap space is weaponized for future improvement via taking on the Hayes contract, retained salary that disappears next year, and a bunch of marginally above league min lotto tickets or rental candidates that will either pay out or be gone (Eller, Glass, Beauvillier, Grzelcyk, Aho). I'm going to attempt to enjoy watching young players enter the lineup, reclamation projects find their form, and aging vets get moved for picks. If that doesn't float your boat, feel free to take this year off.

You're more than welcome to follow the team however you see fit but you can cram the hollier-than-thou stuff, Francis.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Sid doesn't want to leave the Pens in a bind cap-wise because when he retires he's gonna tell Dubas to go f*** himself and take over FO duties.

Come on

Jul 28, 2021
I hate to be that Garp but I wonder if this is what is truly best for the Penguins. They aren't close to contention and could receive a haul for him to kick start a rebuild
He doesn't want to go anywhere and he has done enough already. If he wants to retire a Penguin that's his right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad