Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Sidney Crosby to two year extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Interesting only two years. I suppose he wants to see where we are in our rebuilding process by then, and possibly go-to a contender the final few years of his career.

This is not a finish your career in Pittsburgh deal.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Interesting only two years. I suppose he wants to see where we are in our rebuilding process by then, and possibly go-to a contender the final few years of his career.

This is not a finish your career in Pittsburgh deal.
Or, he wants to see how he’s playing and whether he still wants to be in the NHL by then…I would say it’s more that than your negative take and my takes are often negative so I say that with all due respect lol

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
So that’s two years plus next right? So three years? Puts him about 40 when it runs out?

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
What's an estimated sum total of how much we think Sid has left 'on the table' in his contracts over the years?

You can say it's for the betterment of the team or you can say it's in support of the man's freakish superstition but either way, you can DEFINITELY say we'll take it.

Reactions: Aerrol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah the only holdup with the Crosby contract was how long it was, and that was based on how long Crosby realistically wanted to play. I think going shorter term and reassessing after 2027 makes more sense than anything.

2027 is the year that Karlsson's deal expires as well, so it wouldn't surprise me for Crosby to also retire and the full-blown rebuild starting in the 2027 off-season.

So that’s two years plus next right? So three years? Puts him about 40 when it runs out?

Yes he'll be 39 when the deal expires, he'd be 40 for the full year if he came back in 2027-2028.

I think he retires after this deal, though.

Reactions: Ciao

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Yes he'll be 39 when the deal expires, he'd be 40 for the full year if he came back in 2027-2028.

I think he retires after this deal, though.
If we are good (by some miracle) don’t think so. If we stink, I’d agree.

Becomes more interesting if some of the prospects hit and we are on upswing and he’s still playing well, but it’s not clear if we can make a push.

Has he played his last playoff game?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If we are good (by some miracle) don’t think so. If we stink, I’d agree.

Becomes more interesting if some of the prospects hit and we are on upswing and he’s still playing well, but it’s not clear if we can make a push.

Has he played his last playoff game?

I think it's more that Karlsson's deal also expires after 2027 and Malkin will assuredly be done in the NHL as well. I think it's a guarantee the rebuild starts in the 2027 off-season at the latest, it really depends on whether Crosby would want to be a mentor on a clearly rebuilding team or not.

I'm curious for what impact this 2 year deal has on Malkin. I fully expect him to finish up in the KHL, but does he take a 1 year deal so his deal expires with Crosby and Karlsson? He'd be 40 for all of 2026-2027 if he re-signed and 41 for the following KHL season, which I feel like is doable.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Or, he wants to see how he’s playing and whether he still wants to be in the NHL by then…I would say it’s more that than your negative take and my takes are often negative so I say that with all due respect lol
My take was not negative at all lol.

Just judging off of how Sid is, there is absolutely no way he's not playing until 42 minimum. I mean I could be wrong obviously, but that was my thought process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad