Proposal: Penguins - Red Wings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pens2thecup871

Feb 19, 2015
To Detroit:
Marcus Pettersson
Kasperi Kapanen
2nd Round Pick

To Pittsburgh:
Tyler Bertuzzi (50% retained)

Detroit gets a serviceable young defensemen in Pettersson who doesn’t fit into the pens lineup given the log jam at the left side. They also get Kapanen who is being edged out of the lineup and can use a change of scenery. Pens throw in a 2nd rounder given the salary taken by the wings and the salary retention for Bertuzzi.

Pens add Bertuzzi who would immediately slot into the pens top 6 and help tremendously on Malkin’s line to make a push for the cup.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
To Detroit:
Marcus Pettersson
Kasperi Kapanen
2nd Round Pick

To Pittsburgh:

Detroit gets a serviceable young defensemen in Pettersson who doesn’t fit into the pens lineup given the log jam at the left side. They also get Kapanen who is being edged out of the lineup and can use a change of scenery. Pens throw in a 2nd rounder given the salary taken by the wings and the salary retention for Bertuzzi.

Pens add Bertuzzi who would immediately slot into the pens top 6 and help tremendously on Malkin’s line to make a push for the cup.

raw

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This isn't me really offering this as much as I'm curious in value. How would Detroit fans feel about Kapanen, Joseph and a 1st for Bertuzzi? I don't know how much Joseph would really intrigue the Wings, he's a 2-way LHD with excellent skating and puck moving, but pretty minimal special teams upside and no physicality. He's a good defenseman, but his skillset is ultra redundant on the Penguins with who else they have on defense.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
This isn't me really offering this as much as I'm curious in value. How would Detroit fans feel about Kapanen, Joseph and a 1st for Bertuzzi? I don't know how much Joseph would really intrigue the Wings, he's a 2-way LHD with excellent skating and puck moving, but pretty minimal special teams upside and no physicality. He's a good defenseman, but his skillset is ultra redundant on the Penguins with who else they have on defense.

Joseph, Kapanen, and a 1st is more reasonable but I don’t think it would get it done since Joseph would need to do the heavy lifting in that package and I don’t think he's that guy. Kapanen is in reclamation territory, the first will be late, and Detroit has 4 well-progressing LHD top 4 prospects (Edvinsson, Wallinder, Johansson, Biuim) so POJ would need to be far ahead of those guys developmentally and I don’t think he is. He’ll be 23 in 3.5 months, and while that isn’t old, he still seems like he has a lot of question marks about his upside.

But who knows - if Yzerman and company are high on POJ, it could happen. I think it’d be more likely to happen if the 1st included were for 2023 instead of 2022. Ultimately though, if any competing deals offer a young established D or a strong center prospect, they likely go that route.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
To Detroit:
Marcus Pettersson
Kasperi Kapanen
2nd Round Pick

To Pittsburgh:

:laugh: Not even close you aren't getting Bertuzzi at 50% off without a 1st round pick coming back. If Yzerman deals Bertuzzi at 50% the return will be far greater then this add your 1st and 2nd and possibly one of Poulin/Hallander and it might be close. But as is you're not even close.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I just looked up Penguins assets and they don't have anything of interest as the center piece for Bertuzzi.

Perhaps I could interest Penguins in Hirose? You can watch him play tonight.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Not that he's the main piece of the deal, but more so for cap reasons, *does* Detroit have a need/interest in Kapanen as the "sweetener" to put whatever other pieces over the top?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
LOL! a bunch of "MEH" for a good piece.

Pens agree to this deal. Good doing business with you Detroit, here is an autographed Crosby pic of him shaking hands with someone.

Reactions: KrisLeturnover

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This is probably a pretty realistic offer. I use the Zucker trade a couple years ago as a similar reference. Similar ages, performances, and hits.

That got Galchenyuk, Addison, 1st. I think Kapanen is more valuable than Chucky, but I think Addison was probably worth more than POJ. 1st is a 1st. Even then, people thought JR overpaid.

So I think there is decent precedence that this is a fair offer.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This is probably a pretty realistic offer. I use the Zucker trade a couple years ago as a similar reference. Similar ages, performances, and hits.

That got Galchenyuk, Addison, 1st. I think Kapanen is more valuable than Chucky, but I think Addison was probably worth more than POJ. 1st is a 1st. Even then, people thought JR overpaid.

So I think there is decent precedence that this is a fair offer.

Bertuzzi's better than Zucker (at the time Zucker was traded).

Reactions: Reddwit

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Bertuzzi's better than Zucker (at the time Zucker was traded).
I mean, maybe. Stats wise, there's an argument for Zucker. On-ice wise, I think it could go either way. I was just using is as a similar comparison. This wasn't a "Bertuzzi = Zucker" note, just giving examples of similar deals in the Penguins past.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I just want to reiterate he's suspended without pay. Anti Vax, and it would be silly to take on such nonsense.

I don't know why any team would want to touch him, and a good portion of his own peers are on him, too.

Walk away.....

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Yeah NO pitt doesn't do this . Its either one or the other...a 1rst or POJ

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Hard pass on Bertuzzi. Don't want players lacking in character on the Pens.
Lacking character? Explain.

Obvious you’re referring to him being the only player not vaccinated. He has a set of balls / courage that you and I will never compare to.

Do you know how many everyday folks wouldn’t be vaccinated if we didn’t have a family to feed.

He disagrees with you. He has no character issues. Shut up about it.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Lacking character? Explain.

Obvious you’re referring to him being the only player not vaccinated. He has a set of balls / courage that you and I will never compare to.

Do you know how many everyday folks wouldn’t be vaccinated if we didn’t have a family to feed.

He disagrees with you. He has no character issues. Shut up about it.
Its a character issue. And do you know how many everyday folks would drink and drive if they could? Just because about a quarter to 2/5ths of American are stupid doesn't mean Bert has character. Character is doing the stuff you don't want to do, but know you have to do because it benefits others. Him sitting on his ass unvaccinated in Detroit right now doesn't benefit the team, or the community he's in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad