Confirmed with Link: Penguins Hire Wes Clark as Vice President of Player Personnel

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Drake is Toronto's favorite soap opera star turned fake rapper, Kendrick Lamar is pretty much the best rapper in the game at the moment.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Maybe.
As I said in another thread: I don't mind cronyism if it brings about success. If you've done well in your job, then you've earned the right to pick the people you're surrounding yourself with.

If you suck at your job (like Mike Sullivan, Ron Hextall, Mike Tomlin, etc.) then you don't get to pick your buddies.

The jury is still out on Dubas in Pitt. But so far he's acting like Sullivan's Muppet and that gives me significant concern where this franchise is headed.
Ultimately if you bring in a high level exec like Dubas, he can't work in a vaccuum, and he needs to build a team of people around him. The success of that overall group is on his head. I'm sure he's restructuring the backend, getting rid of people, and filling with others he trusts. Creating new roles, and removing others. Some of those changes get press, some don't.

If Dubas is filling it with incompetent buddies, then that will show itself pretty quickly, and honestly is not in his best interests.

One advantage Dubas has is he's young, so he hasn't had the time to build a list of stale contacts, who only think one way. On the flip side, he is analytics focused, and may not be the best at making decisions outside of those numbers.

Either way, this in no way guarantees that Dubas won't leave the organization in a horrible situation 5 years from now. I mean his only success was maintaining the Leafs, and winning 1 playoff round.

As for being Sullivan's muppet...
That is something different. Hockey is a bit weird, as technically Sully should be restructuring his coaching staff himself, but it doesn't look like coaches do that. So he likely didn't spawn the firing, yet at the same time, he had a strong hand in the hiring of Quinn.

Beyond that, the amount of influence Sully has? Yeah..it's concerning! My biggest fear is with all the vets in play, will all the youth be pushed down again!

All of the Sully issues is more on the owners....
They shouldn't be endorsing coaches like that, instead have more of a softer positive stance (ie. "Sully is a great coach, but any decisions will be made by the future GM") and give the power to the GM, which apparently they haven't.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Only thing I dont like about him, he has 2 first names and that seems stupid to me.

But his last name is Clark which reminds me of Clark Griswold

1720669281179.gif

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The more hires for the future is better and all but do we know who he picked? heard some (as in 1) from Leafs board he was only in charge of 1 draft only.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I wonder if he gave his opinion to Dubas for players Pens should pick because he was leaving to come here.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
The more hires for the future is better and all but do we know who he picked? heard some (as in 1) from Leafs board he was only in charge of 1 draft only.
Only skimmed the article I posted but there's a table in there. I believe it's the picks he was in charge of.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad