Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Jets 3 - ZAR Drives Off A Cliff . . . In ColePens New Maserati

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Message to tonight's grinders:

tenor.gif

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Thought the Pens quality in the 1st/2nd was really solid. Good hockey all around. We were on our heels in the 3rd but ended up winning. Strange 3rd period because I thought we outplayed them in 1/2 and got badly outplayed in 3. And the only time we take the lead is in period 3.

Is that not the definition of hockey? :laugh:

You're an ass. :laugh: This is WC's nightmare.

One day, we're all going to die and go to hell, and ZAR, Sheahan, Grant, Wilson, and Maatta will be playing for our favorite hockey team when we get there.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm starting to think that the Penguins bottom-6 can actually be good. Keep Kessel with Brassard and have ZAR-Cullen/Grant-Rust as your 4th line, I like that bottom-6.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
yes this team and coach have accomplished nothing! history will repeat and they will stink!

THIS TEAM in fact haven't ACCOMPLISHED anything.....you are correct.

Coaches have a short shelf life. For all you know, it was the combo of Sully and Tocchet that helped propel the team to those 2 cups.

Sully makes me sick.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
@ncm7772 you're not wrong, JJ quitely have tied a few very decent games, Maatta is the only scry guy on that defense, all others are Hainsey kind of good enough especially with this (I can't beleive I will say this) Norris worth Letang. best hockey of his life by a mile.

Sid great as always, but special shout to our boy young Cesko Simon, he was awesome tonight

Thanks Sully for finally breaking that aboration of line, Rust is as good as we can have there now, I just hate to see Geno going first, it should be Rust.
Brass was strong, but he did not have anyone to play with, Phil got a little hop after demoted good leave him there...

4th libne was geniunly good, but bear in mind that Jest defense is awful and can't get puck out of their zone,
and yes CDS collects wins but the guys gives me zero confidence

Reactions: ncm7772

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
One day, we're all going to die and go to hell, and ZAR, Sheahan, Grant, Wilson, and Maatta will be playing for our favorite hockey team when we get there.

Not me... I'll be looking down on your hot butt while I'm skating on the LW with Mario as my center and Coffey as my D.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm starting to think that the Penguins bottom-6 can actually be good. Keep Kessel with Brassard and have ZAR-Cullen/Grant-Rust as your 4th line, I like that bottom-6.

You need a winger for Brass-Phil.

You need to hope that Rust snaps out of it.

EDIT: I'm not sure WHAT you do with Horny then, because I can't imagine Sid will be thrilled to have him back and Pearson-Geno-Horny is fugly.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Can't believe I'm typing this, but it looked like Wilson and Grant had decent 3rd periods.

And hear me out! Don't anyone lose it! Is it me, or did JJ have a decent game?

Team still has immense issues, but I'll shut up for the rest of the night. They found a way to win.

JJ made a bad decision that led to the third goal - plus DeSmith playing it badly. He hasn't been that bad lately overall, certainly better than earlier in the season.

Jets were pretty wretched, but what the heck, we'll take a win. Nice to see ZAR get a dirty goal that is supposed to be his forte.

Sheahan and Grant/whatever, take what you can get.

Reactions: ncm7772

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
THIS TEAM in fact haven't ACCOMPLISHED anything.....you are correct.

Coaches have a short shelf life. For all you know, it was the combo of Sully and Tocchet that helped propel the team to those 2 cups.

Sully makes me sick.
You could enjoy the win you know. Last two cup runs I read constant "if Sully doesn't do x,y, and z with the lines we'll never win anything". Lo and behold two cups. The coach is certainly not perfect, but I think he's pretty good considering what this organization has had in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad