Value of: Penalty Kill Players to Minnesota

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
There's no "seems to" about it. He's our best PKing forward. Him and Tage as the first two forwards out on the PK have been spectacular.

No take-backs.
This kind of lends credence to my thoughts it’s more system stuff, Greenway is solid defensively, but he was very middle of the pack in that aspect on the Wild team. Our PK is extremely aggressive on the puck carriers, if the PP executes high level passing well, our system is designed to just give those opportunities up, but any mistake is likely to lead to a clear or opportunity the other way. Dewar led in shorties last season and he’s a terrible finisher or it would have been absurd. But maybe we need to focus more on denying clean grade As again.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Minnesota needs quality penalty kill players.

1st and 2nd round picks are off the table and top prospects. Not looking for high end players. Looking for quality bottom 6/bottom pair guys that can kill penalties. Bonus points if you can make the cap work with proposals.

The Wild have a dirt bag coach and he promotes dirty play. Then your GM puts dirty players like Duhaime on the ice.

So not surprised the team then commits a lot of penalties and pays the price for it.

It's going to be a couple of lean years in Minny. This was the deal with the Suter and Parise buyouts. Gotta slog your way thru it with low expectations.

And a huge LOL for Wild fans thinking Filip Gustavsson was a 93% save percentage guy.

He's realistically a backup G at the NHL level and even 91% on the regular would be good for him.

Welcome to regression to the mean. You got the outlier season last year. Now that swung the other way. Toronto dealing with same thing with Samsonov. Avs too with Georgiev.

Reactions: hn777

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
How much for Sturm? Guerin should have never traded him away…
Personally I’d be looking for a 2nd but I just saw OP that they said no 2nds. He signed for another year and has damn good PKing numbers so I’d hold on to him if we aren’t getting that 2nd.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Personally I’d be looking for a 2nd but I just saw OP that they said no 2nds. He signed for another year and has damn good PKing numbers so I’d hold on to him if we aren’t getting that 2nd.

That's crazy. I like Sturm, but you're talking to the fanbase that watched him every night until a couple seasons ago. He is not, and has never been, worth a 2nd. He's still just a 4th line C.

Reactions: MK9

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yep, that’s way too high a price for Sturm IMO. I’d give 4th+c level prospect at most for him.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Might as well embrace the basement years while you can and pick up some good young players at the draft. Minnesota for some reason hates the idea of being anything but a bubble team. Give it another shot in two years when you have cap space, it wasn't realistic to expect them to be a playoff team with this albatross hanging overhead...

6775626720094441ea28bbcf17cdc77f.png

Reactions: AKL

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
He’s a 3C that is an elite PKer and an elite faceoff guy. 2nd is the going rate for those.
He's not a 3c, he's a 4c and was in Minnesota and would maybe be a 4c in Minnesota if traded for, Minnesota already has connor dewar as 4c and Joel Eriksson Ek as 2c/3c Hartman as 1/2/ or 3c/ and Rossi as 1 or 2c.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Give us a third for Janmark. He’s cheap and decent on the PK and always good for ~25 points and I don’t want another coach to fall in love with him and play him an inexplicable amount

Last edited:

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Jesse Ylonen ?

He plays 3+ minutes on the pk when he plays. Odd man out in Montreal.

Would cost a 4th/5th in 2025 imo.
He is likely available and needs a chance, and always seems the odd man out in Montreal. He'd be a worthy gamble for some non-prime magic beans.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Where is Zach Astin Reese at the moment? DET AHL. I'm sure he could single handily turn that around. NOTHING happens when he's on the ice, and I think he just pockets the puck for 30s shifts.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I'd love to send Nic D back there if Min is on his 20 team list

I would be more interested in Seeler personally, is he available? I personally think the forwards won’t be touched, our best two PKers have been injured all season, Gaudreau will be back soon. But a depth number 6 with familiarity could be useful in Seeler, sort of a poor man’s good version of Middleton.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Minnesota native Derek Forbort to the rescue for the low, low price of a first rounder. He has a cute dog, that basically makes it worth it on its own.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I would be more interested in Seeler personally, is he available? I personally think the forwards won’t be touched, our best two PKers have been injured all season, Gaudreau will be back soon. But a depth number 6 with familiarity could be useful in Seeler, sort of a poor man’s good version of Middleton.
Seeler should be available if the Flyers were rebuilding, but they're not, they're trying to sneak into the playoffs. So until they're out of realistic contention, I don' think Seeler is available.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad