Value of: Penalty Kill Players to Minnesota

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Minnesota needs quality penalty kill players.

1st and 2nd round picks are off the table and top prospects. Not looking for high end players. Looking for quality bottom 6/bottom pair guys that can kill penalties. Bonus points if you can make the cap work with proposals.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

1st and 2nd round picks are off the table and top prospects. Not looking for high end players. Looking for quality bottom 6/bottom pair guys that can kill penalties. Bonus points if you can make the cap work with proposals.

So basically trading our current 4th liners + mid round picks for better 4th liners that can PK?

Meh.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I wonder if Minny makes a play for Lindholm. They got tons of prospects and he would help a lot of their immediate needs.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Greenway seems to be excelling in Buffalo on the PK, though based on last year Deano thinks we've got 7 or 8 guys better than him there.

Reactions: Mattilaus

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Eric Robinson is a good PKer, blazing fast. There's no roster space anymore in Columbus so he ought to be practically free to acquire. $1.6m expiring deal.

But it looks like Minnesota has zero cap space and Columbus has zero roster space (they're not taking anyone back), so I don't know how to fix that.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

Minnesota’s roster is already full of bottom 6 forwards.

This just shows the front office really has no idea what they are doing.

Reactions: AKL

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Well, they say your goaltender is your most important penalty killer. So you may be interested in a goalie with a better PP SV% than the Wild netminders. What if I told you that you could get this improvement for the low, low price of free?

If you're hungry for a deal, call Ken Holland, because Soup's on!

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
This the opposite of the Oilers IMO, I think this is more coaching and systems than personnel issues, at least long term. The PP coach is new this season, so you will give him more rope, especially with changing personnel, but the PK is on multiple years of underperforming relative to the defensive players that we have available.

A new coaching voice is likely a much simpler solution than a trade based on cap and team situation, of course there won’t be any changes now until they are back from Sweden. Just my two cents.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Stop trading for grit and try adding more skilled players. That should help with not taking so many penalties
They have the 4th fewest penalty minutes this season

As for OP, I'm sorry but this is HFBoards. There is not such thing as a good defensive player. All 4th liners and 3rd pairing defenseman are all identical and equally worthless. Thread does not compute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad