Post-Game Talk: PDSF: Sharks VS Kings. Game 3. 7:00PM II

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I'm always in off-season mode but I can still enjoy the ride at the same time. Besides, I've done my one round of producing. It's over for me. See you guys in September. haha

Aren't you only supposed to produce when we lose the round?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That only applies to every other team, not DW and Burke and the Sharks.

I would say it the same way for any other team too. Just because you target a prospect and trade up or down doesn't mean it's still not mostly luck. DW's thought process always involves targeting a particular individual regardless of pick movement.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Aren't you only supposed to produce when we lose the round?

Nah...9 times out of 10, it's one and done. It can be any round but it's one round. Note, the 10th time was the St. Louis Blues series two years ago. Notice that in the conference finals where we lost, I did nothing in the first two rounds. :D

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Forgive me if this has ever been asked but does anyone know who the young blond girl is who stands behind Brodie Brazil during the three stars announcement. I only ask because I assume she is a players daughter because it looked like that same girl was behind the Sharks bench in Los Angeles. Anyone who gets those good seats must know somebody

This one?

tomas-hertl-puck-bunnies.jpg

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
In general, with prospects, we give too much credit or discredit to the GM and not enough to the scouting staff. Credit to DW for putting faith in his staff and acquiring the players his staff identifies...but the identification is done by guys like Burke.

In regards to failures, it helps that DW has managed to get good value out of busts like Hennessey and Wishart. Even disappointments like Carle and Setoguchi, even...

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 8m
LeBrun on TSN Radio "Holy Mackeral, how about them Sharks? I get sucked in every year, I'm Mr.Sharks and everyone makes fun of me."

LeBrun "this is as impressive as I've seen this team [the Sharks] in a long time"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 7m
LeBrun "it's the depth, the health and the speed of this team. Among the real Cup contenders, the Sharks had fewest players go to Sochi"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 6m
LeBrun "the Kings have no answer for the Sharks and they're the ones that look tired and old right now."

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 5m
LeBrun "not only are the Sharks getting a pretty good discount in the amount by their stars but look at their term"

LeBrun "the Leafs like to throw the word culture around at their news conference but they have no idea what it means"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 4m
LeBrun "the Sharks have a culture. People want to be there, want to be part of it and believe in the program"

LeBrun "you walk into the Sharks dressing room last night after a big OT win against a rival and it was like after a game in October"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 3m
LeBrun "it was ho-hum and all business for the guys and that gave me the impression of a team that has their eye on playing for two months"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 2m
LeBrun "I felt that the winner of the SJ-LA series was going to the final"

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
There is always luck involved with prospects, but I consider it less lucky when they deliberately target a guy like that.

It isn't luck so much. It is an effort put into evaluating a player and meeting his needs. The Sharks could be better at working on maturity issues. There are certain red flags that they would do well to avoid as they almost universally fail on those red flags (not all teams fail on those same flags).

GP,
Various teams follow various draft strategies. Since DW, the Sharks almost always trade up, almost never down. For the longest time NJ almost always traded down and almost never up. Because of their lack of picks (a result of deadline and draft strategy), the Sharks hit the undrafted market heavily.

AKM83

Chomp. Chomp.
May 11, 2009
Forgive me if this has ever been asked but does anyone know who the young blond girl is who stands behind Brodie Brazil during the three stars announcement. I only ask because I assume she is a players daughter because it looked like that same girl was behind the Sharks bench in Los Angeles. Anyone who gets those good seats must know somebody

That was definitely her.

Was wondering the same thing myself...must know someone in the org.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
LeBrun can go **** off. Mr. Sharks my ass. He picked the Kings in 6 this series and now he wants back on the bandwagon? ***** please...

SignThornton

BEAST MODE
Oct 14, 2005
St. Catharines, Ont.
LeBrun on TSN Radio "Holy Mackeral, how about them Sharks? I get sucked in every year, I'm Mr.Sharks and everyone makes fun of me."

LeBrun "this is as impressive as I've seen this team [the Sharks] in a long time"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 7m
LeBrun "it's the depth, the health and the speed of this team. Among the real Cup contenders, the Sharks had fewest players go to Sochi"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 6m
LeBrun "the Kings have no answer for the Sharks and they're the ones that look tired and old right now."

LeBrun "not only are the Sharks getting a pretty good discount in the amount by their stars but look at their term"

LeBrun "the Leafs like to throw the word culture around at their news conference but they have no idea what it means"

LeBrun "the Sharks have a culture. People want to be there, want to be part of it and believe in the program"

LeBrun "you walk into the Sharks dressing room last night after a big OT win against a rival and it was like after a game in October"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 3m
LeBrun "it was ho-hum and all business for the guys and that gave me the impression of a team that has their eye on playing for two months"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 2m
LeBrun "I felt that the winner of the SJ-LA series was going to the final"

Nice. I was shocked when he picked the Kings in 6. :amazed:

Eighth Fret

Jan 11, 2011
LeBrun can go **** off. Mr. Sharks my ass. He picked the Kings in 6 this series and now he wants back on the bandwagon? ***** please...

Seriously. Burnside is the guy that usually picks us to win and keeps coming back to us year after year.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Seriously. Burnside is the guy that usually picks us to win and keeps coming back to us year after year.

No it's not. Burnside hates the Sharks. It was LeBrun. But he ditched us this year. Until now when we look dominant and he's changing up his tune to try and come crawling back. As I said, he can **** off.

Eighth Fret

Jan 11, 2011
No it's not. Burnside hates the Sharks. It was LeBrun. But he ditched us this year. Until now when we look dominant and he's changing up his tune to try and come crawling back. As I said, he can **** off.

I think they're the same person.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
LeBrun owes us no loyalty, so I don't get what all the emotion is about. Do you guys want him to tell a fib and say San Jose looks weak right now and will probably drop the next 4? Guy is just calling it like he sees it.

EJ Hradek is far worse at admitting his pick was looking wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad