GDT: PDF Game 3 | Ducks @ Flames 5/5/15 7:30 MT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Did anyone else have a wtf moment when Getzlaf didn't get a hooking penalty on that? I mean, I know Brodie goofed and shouldn't have allowed it to happen, but it was a textbook hook. Usually even if they are letting stuff go they'd view that as one they have to call due to the scoring opportunity.

I honestly didn't even notice the hook. I'll have to see it again.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Hudler's obviously playing through an injury.

Monahan might be too but it's also possible he's just on a cold streak. He's a streaky player.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Hudler's obviously playing through an injury.

Monahan might be too but it's also possible he's just on a cold streak. He's a streaky player.

So…

rene-bourque2.jpg

+

streak%5B1%5D.jpg

=

1297517898850_ORIGINAL.jpg

?

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Hudler and Monahan are playing so ****ing terrible right now. I mean it can't be said enough. Monahan's face off % is garbage, he's slow, he can't do anything with the puck, he and Hudler are falling onto each other - both have zero agility at the moment. Until I hear injury legitimized they are just plain sucking.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Calgary's getting dummied again. We've looked better... But not as bad as game 1.

That first line looks horrible. I think what this points to is that we've had an awesome season but we are still miles away from being truly competitive.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Hudler and Monahan are playing so ****ing terrible right now. I mean it can't be said enough. Monahan's face off % is garbage, he's slow, he can't do anything with the puck, he and Hudler are falling onto each other - both have zero agility at the moment. Until I hear injury legitimized they are just plain sucking.

So he’s Jason Allison?

Mar 31, 2005
East Coast
The composure and confidence are gone. Not making plays, missing passes, rushing things, etc. The veteran Ducks are in their head.

Their top line is playing on rookie mode, our top line looks terrible. I think that's all that needs to be said regarding our chances in this series, as it stands.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That second goal was a pretty good example of puck-luck. Puck bobbles off Brodie's stick, then Getzlaf's fanned shot just happened to skitter perfectly over to Despres, then Despres somehow manages to bank the puck blindly off the perfect part of Perry's skate, then the puck somehow manages to get under Ramo's arm, despite him having it seemingly along the ice.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
The composure and confidence are gone. Not making plays, missing passes, rushing things, etc. The veteran Ducks are in their head.

Their top line is playing on rookie mode, our top line looks terrible. I think that's all that needs to be said regarding our chances in this series, as it stands.

Well said.

I don't think we're nearly as bad as this. Hudler has to have an injury, Monahan maybe just spent himself in the late-season charge/maybe an injury too. Maybe Sean's been ladying it up too much as of late.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
That second goal was a pretty good example of puck-luck. Puck bobbles off Brodie's stick, then Getzlaf's fanned shot just happened to skitter perfectly over to Despres, then Despres somehow manages to bank the puck blindly off the perfect part of Perry's skate, then the puck somehow manages to get under Ramo's arm, despite him having it seemingly along the ice.

Yep, that’s the Flames! :nod:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

Yeah, to a degree - at least the finish. Still, Brodie screwed up there instead of clearing the zone he let things get dangerous against an all-star player.

On the first goal Russell just fired it around the boards without looking to see if there was anyone on the wing to make sure it got out of the zone. Nope, only the Duck's d-man who kept it in easily and that led to the goal.

Lazy defensive play in both instances.

As a whole, outside of the 2nd to 4th lines, our A-players just aren't even here. Of the bunch, Gaudrea's been alright (except for the penalty).

I actually don't have any issues with Gaudreau's play through this whole series. He's stuck with 2 guys that have yet to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad