Proposal: Pavelski to Minnesota

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Curious to know if Dallas would look to move the pending UFA at the deadline if they are out of the race. The main question from Minnesota's perspective is: "will he still be effective at center?" I'd imagine the wild would be willing to part with their first + b prospect to get it done. The Wild would have as good a forward group as any team in the league should they make that trade.

Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello
Boldy-Pavelski-Fiala
Greenway-Ek-Foligno
Dewar-Sturm-Duhaime

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
When was he ever effective at center? Have you followed his career at all?
I've followed parts of his career, and he's played a lot of center during it. Heck of a good faceoff man.

I won't speak to the value of the proposal, but I'm pretty firmly against the Wild giving up a 1st round pick for any rental, even one scoring at point-per-game pace. The Wild are good, but they're not good enough that I think a rental wins them the Cup. Also remember, it took Pavelski a full season before he got comfortable in Dallas's system. He doesn't have that long to get comfortable if he's traded as a rental.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Curious to know if Dallas would look to move the pending UFA at the deadline if they are out of the race. The main question from Minnesota's perspective is: "will he still be effective at center?" I'd imagine the wild would be willing to part with their first + b prospect to get it done. The Wild would have as good a forward group as any team in the league should they make that trade.

Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello
Boldy-Pavelski-Fiala
Greenway-Ek-Foligno
Dewar-Sturm-Duhaime

Well if they're out of the mix by the deadline I'd have to imagine most Stars fans would expect GM Jim Nill to move some pieces out, especially pending UFAs like Pavelski, Klingberg, Radulov and Holtby.

Never can tell what he's got planned, though. If the Stars are within sniffing distance of a wild card spot it's just as likely he sits on his hands, says "I like where we're at", and we end up losing talent for nothing on July 1st. :dunno:

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I seem to remember everyone praising JEE for shutting down other teams centers. Are we now going to pretend Pavelski is going to be able to defend against the top centers in the West?

he doesnt need to... the whole premise of a elite first/second line is to score, you match your 3rd and 4th lines to prevent scoring

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I seem to remember everyone praising JEE for shutting down other teams centers. Are we now going to pretend Pavelski is going to be able to defend against the top centers in the West?
Eks line is tasked to shutdown, Kaps line is tasked with scoring. they tried to put Ek with Kap to do that shutdown and scoring line thing. it did not work as planned so we have our shutdown line again and we have 2 scoring lines. bringing in pavelski or any other rental center is to boost our offensive lines.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
On a line with Kaprizov you just have to be good at face offs, not dictate the pace of the game
He would be playing in between Fiala and Boldy, but your point still stands. Pavelski would be a really good add for MN. Smart, and would give them two dangerous offensive lines.

If MN does this, they would not be able to re-sign him, so this would be a move aimed at going on a run this year. I would be fine with it moving a 1st (likely a 1st in the mid 20's), and a guy like Dameon Hunt. Rask would probably have to be included just to make salaries work- not a big deal since his deal is expiring. Hunt is a good prospect, but MN has a bunch of nice LHD prospects(Peart, ROR, Lambos).

If DAL want's a 1st + a Marat/Beckman/Lambos type prospect then I'm out.

Having said all that, I would rather that MN makes a move for Chycrun, of they are going to make a move at all. Something like a 1st, and any prospect besides Boldy/Rossi/Wallstedt, give or take...would probably take more, and I'm cool with that. Chycrun is signed for a few more years at a reasonable rate, and would allow MN to move Dumba if they must(due to upcoming cap problems). He would add offense from the back end, and might be interested in MN because of their hopeful future, and the fact that his old buddy from south FLA, Duhaime, is on the team.

Reactions: BagHead

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
He would be playing in between Fiala and Boldy, but your point still stands. Pavelski would be a really good add for MN. Smart, and would give them two dangerous offensive lines.

If MN does this, they would not be able to re-sign him, so this would be a move aimed at going on a run this year. I would be fine with it moving a 1st (likely a 1st in the mid 20's), and a guy like Dameon Hunt. Rask would probably have to be included just to make salaries work- not a big deal since his deal is expiring. Hunt is a good prospect, but MN has a bunch of nice LHD prospects(Peart, ROR, Lambos).

Having said all that, I would rather that MN makes a move for Chycrun, of they are going to make a move at all. Something like a 1st, and any prospect besides Boldy/Rossi/Wallstedt, give or take...would probably take more, and I'm cool with that. Chycrun is signed for a few more years at a reasonable rate, and would allow MN to move Dumba if they must(due to upcoming cap problems). He would add offense from the back end, and might be interested in MN because of their hopeful future, and the fact that his old buddy from south FLA, Duhaime, is on the team.

i mean, we MIGHT be able to resign him. hes getting long in the tooth and may take a substantial paycut given his age..

really depends on their plans for fiala

Ledge And Dairy

See here's the problem with that, Arizona isn't going to back off their asking price of a top prospect, good young roster player and a 1st for Chychrun. one of those would lave to be included for him.

keeneyedobserver

Mar 5, 2014
Don’t see Dallas trading him within the division unless they are decidedly out of the race….even then the Wild offer would have to be better than others for them to do this.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Don’t see Dallas trading him within the division unless they are decidedly out of the race….even then the Wild offer would have to be better than others for them to do this.
his contract is expiring, not sure why it would be an issue if they take an expiring contract in rask back and a 1st + prospect. he is 37, not exactly someone to be afraid of for years to come.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dallas is only trading him if they determine that they aren't in the playoffs this year. Since MN is highly, highly unlikely to re-sign Pavelski(Suter, Parise cap penalties kick in), why not?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

In the division stuff only matters to any extent if there is team control beyond the year. There obviously isn't in this case. Dallas will take the best offer Pavelski approves of.

Reactions: ctmagic

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW

If the Stars can get the best assets from Minny, I hope Nill doesn't cut himself off from trading with the Wild. He would be a great fit to stand in front of the net while Kaprizov skates circles around the opposing team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad