Player Discussion Pavel Zacha

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
appreciate the effort by both he and Coyle, neither are bonafide #1 C, and not sure whose out there this summer the B`s can pursue that would be considered so.

I think Stevenson on the Knights is but not confident he`d be a #1 but this team needs a C who can win the faceoff when it counts most, Zacha and Coyle aren`t those guys

I`d pursue Stevenson in the summer then focus on players who`ll bring their balls to the rink nightly

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He was being spanked on the Faceoffs and coverage down low. They are trying to mitigate the damage he does by not showing up in the playoffs. Him on LW gives them a chance if he decides to score one day.
And Geekie is that much better? Maybe he is. It just seems funny to me to shift out your #1 or #2 center to plug the hole with a 3rd/4th line guy.

And FWIW Zacha's tied for 4th on the club in pts this post season.

Reactions: CDJ

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
And Geekie is that much better? Maybe he is. It just seems funny to me to shift out your #1 or #2 center to plug the hole with a 3rd/4th line guy.

And FWIW Zacha's tied for 4th on the club in pts this post season.

One of those points zacha can thank Geekie for. When Zacha whiffed, had the puck in his skates and Geekie came in and cleaned it up and scored. Zacha technically got an assist for the puck touching his skate. Quality point though.

Also don’t forget the perfect pass tape to tape Zacha had in the defensive zone, right to the florida player that scored the first goal the other night. Best pass he’s made all postseason.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Devils fan here who has the Bruins as a #2 (lived in New England and am a fan of other Boston sports teams).

Zacha pure quit on the Devils his last year. He always seemed like a guy who just doesn't really care enough to get through adversity. Has good size, skill, and speed though so he will get his points here and there. But his last year with the Devils was brutal, I know the team was a joke defensively and were effectively out of it by Thanksgiving but there was him floating and there were people who wanted to be part of the solution (Hischier, Bratt, Hughes).

Wasn't surprised to see the trade to Boston light a fire under him since the Bruins have a great culture that can motivate people and his girlfriend was from Boston. But I just doubt he's ever gonna be a playoff warrior. Decent guy to have as depth, but maybe would be worth getting some assets for him that can be flipped for a solid Center or two.

Btw Devils had to move him off center and then had to move him off of PK because the unit was league-worst.

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Puck on his stick, with a little room in front of him.

“Zacha tries again”

And Florida takes it away clean

He’s a mess. Never seen a player shrivel up and die so quickly

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Now is the game to redeem yourself Pavel. Brad coming back and you and Jake potting goals early is key here for the entire team confidence.

Friday night you can LITERALLY go from ZERO to HERO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad