Value of: Pavel Zacha+++

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Only on a bad team would he be considered a top 6 player, he's a good enough player but not a consistent enough guy for top 6 minutes and, he like most Devils are a pass first type of player, they need a top 6 winger that shoots
I don't think he's got enough value on his own to get much of a return though
We have nothing but wingers that are borderline 2nd/ 3rd liners but are being used as 1st/2nd liners.
Bratt has been playing decent but still not a true 1st line winger and he has his limitations . Tatar is looking decent recently but once again , he has limitations and is a 2nd line winger at best and he is not a shoot first winger or someone that plays a heavy game.
Only winger I would want to keep is maybe Bratt. Rest are a pile of “meh” . Johnson has turned it around this season where he was terrible last year . We cannot expect him to keep his Scrooge pace up and he is not a first line winger moving forward.
Until Holtz is ready , we need at least two legit wingers or once again we will be out of the playoffs before Xmas.
It’s already looking that way. Enough sitting on prospects and picks. Time to use assets to get players that are proven and actual established goal scorers.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
We have nothing but wingers that are borderline 2nd/ 3rd liners but are being used as 1st/2nd liners.
Bratt has been playing decent but still not a true 1st line winger and he has his limitations . Tatar is looking decent recently but once again , he has limitations and is a 2nd line winger at best and he is not a shoot first winger or someone that plays a heavy game.
Only winger I would want to keep is maybe Bratt. Rest are a pile of “meh” . Johnson has turned it around this season where he was terrible last year . We cannot expect him to keep his Scrooge pace up and he is not a first line winger moving forward.
Until Holtz is ready , we need at least two legit wingers or once again we will be out of the playoffs before Xmas.
It’s already looking that way. Enough sitting on prospects and picks. Time to use assets to get players that are proven and actual established goal scorers.

I agree with most of what you're saying, but established as in old? They certainly shouldn't be trying to acquire players over 30 or a rental.
Only person I'd consider that is "older" is Tarasenko, but I wouldn't give up Zacha just because of his contract and injury history.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Zacha is on a month-long vacation, and I'm not sure he'll return any time soon

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Devils fans have an obsession with getting rid of Zacha. I don’t understand why. Just keep him he is cheap and versatile
I agree, he’s been putting up points (being drafted #6 I guess some are wanting more) and is only 24. If he just needs a change of scenery, which I don’t see, Gurianov in Dallas does as well.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
How about burakovsky for Pavel zacha. Similar age. Burakovsky is more talented offensively but zacha is a center. Burakovsky wouldnt be hard for NJ to resign with that much cap space and will be in his prime in 3-4 years.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Devils fans have an obsession with getting rid of Zacha. I don’t understand why. Just keep him he is cheap and versatile

I don't know that it's an obsession, but he is a piece that might bring back a scoring winger
He's expendable but still has value.
Personally I wouldn't have any interest in trading him for pick or prospects, only as part of a package to bring a better player

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
How about burakovsky for Pavel zacha. Similar age. Burakovsky is more talented offensively but zacha is a center. Burakovsky wouldnt be hard for NJ to resign with that much cap space and will be in his prime in 3-4 years.
Yes, please. However, Zacha is better as a winger than a center.

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Theyre over two years apart

Devils arent trading Zacha for a similar yet older player

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
(More nervous laughter)

jordan.jpg

Reactions: Forge

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Does that description not fit Zacha?

Nope. He's a 3rd liner who is good on the PP on 4v4/3v3 scenarios. He does not well produce at 5v5 and unless you have someone who can cover for him and drive play for him then he's going to get his shit pushed in as well.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Theyre over two years apart

Devils arent trading Zacha for a similar yet older player

They're not similar. Burakovsky produces at a much higher per 60 rate and I also imagine he isn't nearly as much of a drag on the overall play as Zacha is.

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
They're not similar. Burakovsky produces at a much higher per 60 rate and I also imagine he isn't nearly as much of a drag on the overall play as Zacha is.
Zacha on a Colorado powerplay and playing second fiddle to MacKinnon/Rantanen would produce more too

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
Teddy Bleuger + Kasperi Kapanen

for

Pavel Zacha + Andreas Johnsson

Kapanen goes to Hughes wing. Bleuger replaces Zacha.

Johnsson replaces Kapanen. Zacha replaces Bleuger.

Salaries, age, contracts, and performance match up very well.
Johnsson has been one of the best players on the team this year. Think we might be giving up the 2 best players here.

Reactions: CamarilloBrillo

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Not as the main piece but Zacha plus ?? for Fiala or Tarasenko.
Either of those two pieces would fill a huge need but not sure if Zacha is a piece that would interest either team . Zacha would the the + in an offer like 1st round pick plus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad