Value of: Pavel Zacha+++

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Just out of curiosity what would you guys offer for Zacha & picks/prospects? Guy can play wing or center & has a great shot for the PP. We are looking for an upgrade on wing. Someone we can pair with Hughes.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'm sure both sides will hate it, but I've been thinking a deal around Zacha + LHD prospect + ? for Tarasenko could make sense.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
I'm sure both sides will hate it, but I've been thinking a deal around Zacha + LHD prospect + ? for Tarasenko could make sense.
no thanks. I have no interest in selling Zacha unless I am blown away.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Only way the Devils move Zacha is for a top 6 winger that fits the age group, not Tarasenko, not Kessel or a RHD to replace Subban.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
JT Miller and you better blow us away................and if you are wondering about his shot, check out his goal from last night vs LA

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Teddy Bleuger + Kasperi Kapanen

for

Pavel Zacha + Andreas Johnsson

Kapanen goes to Hughes wing. Bleuger replaces Zacha.

Johnsson replaces Kapanen. Zacha replaces Bleuger.

Salaries, age, contracts, and performance match up very well.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
I don't know why any GM would trade their youngish better winger for Zacha. What's the point for them? Only reason why I can see them making this kind of trade is they think Zacha can be a center.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Done as long as the LHD prospect is not Hughes or Mukhamadullin. Devils fans saying no to this are crazy.
What's the point to trade Zacha for a 30 year old player? It would be questionable to use your assets for a player whose career is going to downhill. The Devils aren't contending for a few years so it would be pointless to make that trade.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Devils can keep Zacha, can have Kessel…just give AZ 1 or 2 of the +++

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
What's the point to trade Zacha for a 30 year old player? It would be questionable to use your assets for a player whose career is going to downhill. The Devils aren't contending for a few years so it would be pointless to make that trade.

Because that 30 year old player is far superior. In terms of timeline, if the Devils show dramatic improvement over the next 12 months, you can try to extend him. If not, a 50% retained Tarasenko might be a tremendous deadline rental and get us a 1st round pick.

Zacha has been a drag on this team far too long. It's time to move on, and if the team could get Tarasenko in the process it's a home run. No brainer really.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Because that 30 year old player is far superior. In terms of timeline, if the Devils show dramatic improvement over the next 12 months, you can try to extend him. If not, a 50% retained Tarasenko might be a tremendous deadline rental and get us a 1st round pick.

Zacha has been a drag on this team far too long. It's time to move on, and if the team could get Tarasenko in the process it's a home run. No brainer really.
Tarasenko is a good player, definately better than Zacha, but I'm not sure how useful he is, let's say, in three or four years. I'm not against trading Zacha, but they should trade him for someone younger than Tarasenko. Someone who can help the team in a few years. The goal is not to get into the playoffs just barely but to succeed there. Short-sighted team building is something Jim Benning would do.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Tarasenko is a good player, definately better than Zacha, but I'm not sure how useful he is, let's say, in three or four years. I'm not against trading Zacha, but they should trade him for someone younger than Tarasenko. Someone who can help the team in a few years. The goal is not to get into the playoffs just barely but to succeed there. Short-sighted team building is something Jim Benning would do.

My guess is that Tarasenko in 3 or 4 years is better than Zacha is today. You are not getting a good young player for Zacha, it's just not going to happen.

The difference in quality between Zacha and Tarasenko is massive. If you have a chance to add an elite player like that at the cost of a replacement level player, you do it. Again, if the timeline doesn't work out you can trade Tarasenko in a year and get more for him than you can get for Zacha now. That's not short sighted at all.

Reactions: YotesFan47 and Groo

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Done as long as the LHD prospect is not Hughes or Mukhamadullin. Devils fans saying no to this are crazy.

Its pointless to add him for this year, and we aren't likely to be much better for next year. Seems like we'd be adding him this year to flip him next year as a rental for someone. I don't like Zacha much, but at least there is some more long term viability. If we are talking about something like a 2 year extension for Tarasenko included I'm probably more likely to consider it. I'm not sure what his aging curve is, but 2 years at ages 32 / 33 I can probably stomach it.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Its pointless to add him for this year, and we aren't likely to be much better for next year. Seems like we'd be adding him this year to flip him next year as a rental for someone. I don't like Zacha much, but at least there is some more long term viability. If we are talking about something like a 2 year extension for Tarasenko included I'm probably more likely to consider it. I'm not sure what his aging curve is, but 2 years at ages 32 / 33 I can probably stomach it.

If the Devils traded for Tarasenko and fired Ruff, I think they could make the playoffs this year.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Does that description not fit Zacha?
Kinda. We need wingers badly, a scoring PP winger and a gritty winger with speed and size . E Kane type… just not E Kane for obvious reasons . Only thing is no one is trading that type of player . If they did , it wouldn’t be for Zacha +.
We desperately need a legit top line winger . We need two but we are hoping Holtz is one . Foote is exactly who we need to develop but so far he has not shown he is a NHL player.
Tom Wilson is exactly what we need but he is about as untouchable as it gets.
Meier , Tuch , Tkachuk , that type. But again , no way they are traded.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If the Devils traded for Tarasenko and fired Ruff, I think they could make the playoffs this year.
I agree . But not Ruff. Fire Recchi and Naz. Add Tarasenko and get the PP going and the rest will come along.
Having players like Kuokkanen Sharangovich in the top 6 is a disaster. They literally do nothing of value at all.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Tuch was traded like a month ago.
And has said already he wants to stay in Buffalo. He is still inured but he is from the area and Buffalo has a player that is from the area and wants to stay. I don’t see him being available.
If he is l then hell yes I want the Devils to make an aggressive offer.
Devils should 100% try to get Tarasenko . The Blues are having horrible cap space issues right now. Tarasenko and the coach haven’t been seeing eye to eye (Tarasenko has been benched recently) . Now is the time for the Devils to make an offer.
He is exactly what they need. No more sitting on their hands waiting for scrubs like Kuokkanen and Sharangovich to magically become first line wingers.
“ Here Jack , here is a 8 million $ per year contract for the next 8 years . Here are your wingers … Kuokkanen and Sharangovich. Never heard of them? Neither have we. They are not NHL players but maybe you can turn them into one , good luck kid!”

Last edited:

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Does that description not fit Zacha?

Only on a bad team would he be considered a top 6 player, he's a good enough player but not a consistent enough guy for top 6 minutes and, he like most Devils are a pass first type of player, they need a top 6 winger that shoots
I don't think he's got enough value on his own to get much of a return though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad