Prospect Info: Pavel Novak, C/RW, 146th overall

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I think he means prospects like Novak, signalling the renaissance of Czech hockey.

As much as I hated you guys in the late 90s and early 00s with your ridiculously stacked teams and divine goaltending, I kinda miss the days of Czechia being a formidable opponent on the Worlds. Honestly? We miss you. Get your stuff together and be a thorn on our sides again. Always loved your skilled game and the sheer, f-off beauty that your players could unleash on unsuspecting defenses... At least when it wasn't ours. ;)
Good news is that we will be stacked on offensive D prospects next years. David Jiricek and Svozil are studs in Extraliga and few guys in sweden and finland are good too (Alscher, Hamara) There is also 15yo winger Eduard Sale who is dominating czech u20.

Reactions: Puhis

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm just happy that we have a clear team identity now, even if that identity is 5'9 centers.

Reactions: SomethingGeneric

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I’ve seen his name showing up on box scores here & there. How was he looked since his recovery?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’ve seen his name showing up on box scores here & there. How was he looked since his recovery?
I think he’s looked about the same as most of the forwards on Iowa. Admittedly, I haven’t been super focused on him so I can’t give an in depth review. Probably close to the same level as Walker this year: middle 6 AHL guy.

Reactions: Minnesota

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
I wonder if we’ll get any more information on this.

Wild didn’t think he was living up to potential?
Kid became home-sick?

I imagine ECHL isn't a very appealing destination for Europeans. Makes sense he would rather try his luck closer to home.

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I imagine ECHL isn't a very appealing destination for Europeans. Makes sense he would rather try his luck closer to home.

That, and his style of play probably suits European ice better than ECHL. Salary considerations might come into question too. That, and if you go down to ECHL, you probably see the writing on the wall regardless.

All the best to Pavel. He's been through a journey tougher than most people, let alone ones his age. A true warrior, great to see him back in hockey. Hope he has a long & successful career, even if it may not be with us.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He must be a quitter. Good riddance. Don't want him in the organization anyway if he's just going to quit on the team and go back to Europe because he's not getting his way.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
I don't view this one as quitting on the team. He was a good soldier last year and played in the ECHL for most of the year. The fact is he is not good enough and better players keep coming in. He's never going to make it here, so why not go back home. Was not really a high end prospect and it was pretty obvious last year and through his exhibition games this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad