Pavel Datsyuk inducted into the Hall of Fame

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Think age is a small factor and Hank as a 2 year younger will be there at 2025 or 2026 class.

Like from that abysmal 1999 draft, after 2nd and 3rd overall Sedin's he did became the Top3 player as #210 overall from that draft.

There's not much competition at all.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Think age is a small factor and Hank as a 2 year younger will be there at 2025 or 2026 class.

Like from that abysmal 1999 draft, after 2nd and 3rd overall Sedin's he did became the Top3 player as #210 overall from that draft.

There's not much competition at all.

No disrespect to the Sedins but they are already in and I'd say Zetterberg is easily a better player than either of them.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
No disrespect to the Sedins but they are already in and I'd say Zetterberg is easily a better player than either of them.
Disrespect is intended by me. Those twats couldn't produce in big moments and were one-dimensional players. The only reason they were inducted ahead of Zetterberg is because they're twins and the NHL wanted that story for that cringeworthy HOF TV show of theirs, Canadian humor and all.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Disrespect is intended by me. Those twats couldn't produce in big moments and were one-dimensional players. The only reason they were inducted ahead of Zetterberg is because they're twins and the NHL wanted that story for that cringeworthy HOF TV show of theirs, Canadian humor and all.
I guess Hart and Art Rosses trophies don't matter to you. What's Zett's trophy record?

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I guess Hart and Art Rosses trophies don't matter to you. What's Zett's trophy record?
Zetterberg has better career average scoring numbers. Also, I’ll take 2008 and 2009 Zetterberg over Hart Trophy Sedin. He was a weak Hart winner, a la Perry and Benn.

Both Sedins weren’t as strong defensively as Zetterberg and their game didn’t translate as well to playoff hockey. Neither of them was a better player than Z.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Zetterberg has better career average scoring numbers. Also, I’ll take 2008 and 2009 Zetterberg over Hart Trophy Sedin. He was a weak Hart winner, a la Perry and Benn.

Both Sedins weren’t as strong defensively as Zetterberg and their game didn’t translate as well to playoff hockey. Neither of them was a better player than Z.
Zetterberg has ONE Top10 Hart finish: 10th place in 2008 and two Top10 point finishes. Weak or not, Sedins peaks MUCH higher than him. He didn't even win a Selke (having a perennial Selke winner on your team didn't help) but his record is far weaker than both Sedins. And this is what HHOF is looking for: record.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
One of the oddest situations in sports because we'll never actually know how they were individually. Never been a tandem of players more reliant on one another.

Yeah, and in the almost only season, when Daniel was injured and Henrik played most without him, it ended up being Henrik Sedin's best productive season with 112 points, he did win Art Ross and Hart.

And at same season he assisted Mikael Samuelsson to his career-high 30 goal-season.

Think they should have been separated more in their careers.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Zetterberg has ONE Top10 Hart finish: 10th place in 2008 and two Top10 point finishes. Weak or not, Sedins peaks MUCH higher than him. He didn't even win a Selke (having a perennial Selke winner on your team didn't help) but his record is far weaker than both Sedins. And this is what HHOF is looking for: record.
No they did not. Zetterberg's 2008 playoff run is an all-time level peak. Complete two-way dominance in the purest sense of the word. Led the playoffs in points, goals and +/- while having to shut down the opponent's best player.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
No they did not. Zetterberg's 2008 playoff run is an all-time level peak. Complete two-way dominance in the purest sense of the word. Led the playoffs in points, goals and +/- while having to shut down the opponent's best player.
For sure. The Sedins at their peak were good players but they never reached the level Zetterberg did in 2008 and 2009 when he was the best offensive player during two separate Finals runs while competing against the opposition’s best players defensively. Zetterberg’s Smythe run is more memorable for NHL fans than Sedin’s one disputed Hart win. Also, Henrik Sedin was mediocre at best defensively. The Sedins’ playoff numbers are nothing to write home about.

They were only inducted first because they’re a package deal.

Reactions: Realgud

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
One of the oddest situations in sports because we'll never actually know how they were individually. Never been a tandem of players more reliant on one another.
"We have Kane and Debrincat at home."

HAH! I love that joke!

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)

I watched enough hockey during those years to have a firmly held opinion about which of these 3 Swedes was best. They were all great, to be honest, but Zetterberg was at another level in leadership, defense, and performance in the clutch.

The Sedins' only advantage is the length of their careers. They should be in the HOF if I'm being honest and not being a dick (my usual persona here.) Very high-IQ gifted offensive players.

But obvy, Zetterberg should be there too, he's more deserving than either Sedin, and should have been enshrined with Datsyuk, just as they put the two Sedins in the same year.

I will say: Kudos to you, Sentinel, to defend the evil twins, despite being a Wings fan.

I'd like to nominate Sentinel for the 2024 HFBoards Lady Bing.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Only following numbers, I only new Datsyuk in Detroit: 20 years old Buchelnikov had similar numbers to 22 years old Datsyuk in KHL.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Automobilist , you don't have to play in NHL to get in the Holl of Fame.
1723662453733.png

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Despite the fact that he never rose higher than a third in Hart voting?

Yeah, Datsyuk fans get carried away by the legend. He wasn't even the best player on his team, let alone league. Lidstrom being what he was and all. That isn't taking anything away from Datsyuk, it's just I'm tried of Wings fans not recognizing they had a top, maybe THE top (depending how you feel about different eras and Orr), all-time defender on the team.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad