Value of: Paul Stastny to Pittsburgh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
he may go somewhere if Jets don't close the gaps
Right now Jets are +3 vs .500,
EDM +8, LAK +7, Ducks +5, Stars +7, Van +1, SAJS+1
with 1 WC spot ( plus Pacific 3rd, not a Jets option) in contention

but lots of teams would value adding him

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Why? This is not something the Penguins want or need at the moment. They have their Stastny. A better Stastny than Stastny. His name is Jeff Carter. What they need are young, energetic legs.

Now, if the Jets want to do Statsny+ for Zucker, I think I would listen.

Reactions: Hamurai

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Why? This is not something the Penguins want or need at the moment. They have their Stastny. A better Stastny than Stastny. His name is Jeff Carter. What they need are young, energetic legs.

Forget the plus. I think most Pens fans would take Stastny for Zucker straightup.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida

Another Carter is exactly what this team could use. This is a playoff trade, start there.

Forget the notion that we keep needing young fast skaters - think ahead to when the games slow down, our small fast guys are interfered with and can do nothing about it (because of their skill and size), whistles are put away and our offense gets stymied because teams take advantage knowing they won't be called for it. There's nothing that more 5'5" guys with blazing speed can bring to this team. Shoring up inconsistency in the bottom 6 and a solid defensive depth piece is what we could use, if anything.

Carter is an ace on this team, slotting up and down - knows where goals are scored - and has the frame, proven, to be successful in tight playoff games. Adding a 6' LW (or C) who can play with Geno, or play with Carter (or both) - or hold his own in a bottom 6 role - who knows where goals are scored and has the experience that helps so much in the playoffs would be ideal. Then you can factor he's not on the hook for next season and would love to possibly go out on top.

This isn't something I'd necessarily champion starting a fresh year in Sully's system (perhaps if we adopted a different style though), this is a move that could benefit the Penguins style for the rest of the season.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Another Carter is exactly what this team could use. This is a playoff trade, start there.

Forget the notion that we keep needing young fast skaters - think ahead to when the games slow down, our small fast guys are interfered with and can do nothing about it (because of their skill and size), whistles are put away and our offense gets stymied because teams take advantage knowing they won't be called for it. There's nothing that more 5'5" guys with blazing speed can bring to this team. Shoring up inconsistency in the bottom 6 and a solid defensive depth piece is what we could use, if anything.

Carter is an ace on this team, slotting up and down - knows where goals are scored - and has the frame, proven, to be successful in tight playoff games. Adding a 6' LW (or C) who can play with Geno, or play with Carter (or both) - or hold his own in a bottom 6 role - who knows where goals are scored and has the experience that helps so much in the playoffs would be ideal. Then you can factor he's not on the hook for next season and would love to possibly go out on top.

This isn't something I'd necessarily champion starting a fresh year in Sully's system (perhaps if we adopted a different style though), this is a move that could benefit the Penguins style for the rest of the season.

Young and fast does not equal "5'5 guys". Shoring up our bottom 6 starts and ends with us getting healthy and Sullivan deploying them correctly.

We are pretty much capped out, so who are you sending out for Stastny? It can't be just a pick...which we shouldn't do either. If we're talking ZAR+Riikola, then sure why not. But I doubt the Jets do it. I just don't see a deal for either side.

Forget the plus. I think most Pens fans would take Stastny for Zucker straightup.

Maybe. I was thinking the plus would be a cap equalizing addition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad