Proposal: Paul Stasny to Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
if what posters speculate as rental prices is accurate, that might seem fair ask from Jets
However, no way NYR would pay that

If i were NYR GM I'd offer a 3rd for a 36 yr old UFA
... But NYR do not have their '22 3rd

I like Stastny, he'd be useful add,
but I believe NYR can fill gaps paying less,

despite point total, NYR are not yet a 'top 8' Cup contender,
rather not burn valuable assets, this season, for short-term boost

He’s a fantastic player and a rental, why focus on age? He will contribute everything he can to get his name on the cup. Besides that I think rangers and jets could work on a mega deal for multiple players if Chevy decides to sell.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
He’s a fantastic player and a rental, why focus on age? He will contribute everything he can to get his name on the cup. Besides that I think rangers and jets could work on a mega deal for multiple players if Chevy decides to sell.
I agree w all of this, it's really the rental aspect, not age, that concerns me cost.
If Scheiffle is really in play, he'd be great with Panarin, could slide Strome to RW.
And Copp another rental who could help
NYR could offer top prospects like Lundkvist, Robertson, Kravtsov, buy not really an upside C prospect, weakest area of pipeline

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Smart positional player, good in most situations, and will actually go to the hard areas to make plays.

He’s older though and lacks foot speed.

I think a 3rd is likely but possibly a 2nd if NYR really wants him.

In a vacuum age is not a problem long term if he is not w/long term contract. Howev, the foots speed IS a real prob, not worth even for good faceoff guy

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
What do you have in mind re: mega deal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad