Proposal: Paul Stasny to Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
This is the kind of minor playoff splurge I'd like to see the Rangers make. Good defensive center thats able to score a bit, 56% on draws, plenty of experience to tutor the kids. What's the cost Jets fans? Would a 2nd suffice?

2nd would be fair IMO in terms of sheer value. But I think the Jets would prefer an upper echelon b prospect, preferably one that's NHL ready-ish and a forward

Last edited:

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Kravstov for Stasny and a 3rd?

I confess I do not know much about him. His bio on ellie prospects.com sounds like he would a solid pick up if reaches his potential as described. I would first find out if he would be open to being a Jet long term. Russians have a reputation on not liking a non-metropolitan city like Winnipeg

Last edited:

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I confess I do not know much about him. His bio on ellie prospects.com sounds like he would a solid pick up if reaches his potential as described. I would first find out if he would be open to being a Jet long term. Russians have a reputation on not liking a city like Winnipeg
He's got 1RW potential if everything breaks right for him. More than likely ends up a 2RW if he hits. He's informed his agent that he'll report if he's traded. Whether or not he stays probably depends on if he can earn a top 6 role. Not the type of player that could adjust his game to play in the bottom 6.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
He's got 1RW potential if everything breaks right for him. More than likely ends up a 2RW if he hits. He's informed his agent that he'll report if he's traded. Whether or not he stays probably depends on if he can earn a top 6 role. Not the type of player that could adjust his game to play in the bottom 6.

Sounds like a boom or bust scenario . Worth a try for the cost of an expiring contract I think.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This is the kind of minor playoff splurge I'd like to see the Rangers make. Good defensive center thats able to score a bit, 56% on draws, plenty of experience to tutor the kids. What's the cost Jets fans? Would a 2nd suffice?
while possibly useful as a FO guy, nowhere near a high pick.
highest I go is return of 'peg 4th

Kravstov for Stasny and a 3rd?
No. As usual your Krav hate would = give him away. Hell no.

Nick Foligno was pretty much the best rental on the market last year.

Stastny is not that this year. Far from it.
He's a rental. One who would def help on faceoffs, for example, but in a limited way. He does not command top talent return

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Nick foligno got a 1st+ last year. Stas is a lot better than he is.
I love when people quote a deal that was a colossal failure and make that the starting point. Is this the new "Gaustad got a first"? The Foligno deal completely crapped the bed. I am not in on giving up a 1st for a 35 year old rental.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Smart positional player, good in most situations, and will actually go to the hard areas to make plays.

He’s older though and lacks foot speed.

I think a 3rd is likely but possibly a 2nd if NYR really wants him.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
The Jets are very picky with the players coming back for rentals. I wouldn’t expect a prospect to be the centrepiece, so I’d guess 2nd + 4th at the showdown with any sort of bidding war.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
For Stastny, a 2nd w/ one of Berard or Cuylle?

Rangers would have to have Stastny resigned to be even considered and that is still no. Berard is a top 5 and Cuylle are top 10 prospects in the organization. Those are the type of prospects, Rangers dont have enough of, fast aggressive physical skilled top 9 forwards.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
For Stastny, a 2nd w/ one of Berard or Cuylle?

if what posters speculate as rental prices is accurate, that might seem fair ask from Jets
However, no way NYR would pay that

If i were NYR GM I'd offer a 3rd for a 36 yr old UFA
... But NYR do not have their '22 3rd

I like Stastny, he'd be useful add,
but I believe NYR can fill gaps paying less,

despite point total, NYR are not yet a 'top 8' Cup contender,
rather not burn valuable assets, this season, for short-term boost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad