Paul Kariya or Alexander Mogilny?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who was more skilled?

• Kariya and it's not even close

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Kariya but it's close

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • Even

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Watched neither in their primes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mogilny but it's close

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Mogilny and it's not even close

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Kind of losing the original thread purpose, but Nicholls in 1988-89, even adjusted, is slightly higher than Ovechkin or Crosby's best year using Hockey-Reference.

My Best-Carey

Only by six adjusted points. When you account for the fact that Nicholls had prime Gretzky on his team in '89 and peak Ovechkin and Crosby didn't, you can put them ahead for peak seasons.

If you just look at raw point totals, his best season blows theirs away to such an extent that even the Gretzky factor doesn't really make up the gap (offensively anyway).

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Call me crazy, but I think it’s even.

When AlMo was motivated he was electric. He should have been better than he was statistically. But when he wanted to be, he was a top 10 winger in the game. Kariya wanted to be a top 10 winger a lot more though.

Going back and watching some early Mogilny highlights, he appeared as though he was equally if not more skilled than Bure, Fedorov or anyone in the NHL for that matter. He looked like you could pluck him straight out of the early 90s and he would be an elite player today with his speed and skill, which when you think about it isn’t that crazy given he did score 76 goals in 77 games in 93.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad