Signing(s): Paul George, 76ers, 4 years, $212 millions max contract

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Morey has done a good job this offseason. Everything has to be considered within the context of trying to win a title with Embiid, and that window is closing. Paul George was easily the best option to make that happen. Re-signing Oubre and getting Gordon (who can still shoot) on a minimum deal are both good moves.

Still some work to do; give Maxey his bag of money, probably trade Paul Reed for ?, get a PF, fill out the bench.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I’m absolutely thrilled by the downfall of the Clippers.

PG seems like a good fit in Philly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Everyone and their mother knew it was a one-and-done thing

Then the Clippers would have been secure enough to not send team employees to Raptors games throughout the season. But Ballmer made his big splash, mortgaged the teams future for George and then had that obnoxious press conference before they even stepped on the court. So I can’t help but enjoy that it blew up in his face.

Vamos Rafa

F*** Voit
Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Then the Clippers would have been secure enough to not send team employees to Raptors games throughout the season. But Ballmer made his big splash, mortgaged the teams future for George and then had that obnoxious press conference before they even stepped on the court. So I can’t help but enjoy that it blew up in his face.
Who gives a shit? That shows you an owner that cares about his team. Kawhi made no verbal commitment to the Raptors and he owes Raptors fans absolutely nothing. If the “way it was handled” still bothers you, then you soft af. Nothing “blew up in his face.” He’ll always find a way to keep this team competitive. Talk about obnoxious? How about the way Toronto media handled it? They were practically stalking and begging Kawhi. How pathetic was that? Plus, it wasn’t the Raptors that were a threat. It was the Lakers.

And then of course, Toronto was at it again with Ohtani.

Last edited:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Who gives a shit? That shows you an owner that cares about his team. Kawhi made no verbal commitment to the Raptors and he owes Raptors fans absolutely nothing. If the “way it was handled” still bothers you, then you soft af. Nothing “blew up in his face.” He’ll always find a way to keep this team competitive. Talk about obnoxious? How about the way Toronto media handled it? They were practically stalking and begging Kawhi. How pathetic was that? Plus, it wasn’t the Raptors that were a threat. It was the Lakers.

And then of course, Toronto was at it again with Ohtani.

The fanbase was coming off a moment of euphoria. Were they over excited? Probably, but that might be the only time the Raptors sniff a championship in their history. Imagine having your first championship snuffed out by a free agent decision.

At the end of the day, sports is entertainment and Ballmer was the villain for us. I don’t have to explain myself any more than that, it’s not that serious. Glad his experiment is a failure, I don’t have any sympathy for him.

Vamos Rafa

F*** Voit
Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The fanbase was coming off a moment of euphoria. Were they over excited? Probably, but that might be the only time the Raptors sniff a championship in their history. Imagine having your first championship snuffed out by a free agent decision.

At the end of the day, sports is entertainment and Ballmer was the villain for us. I don’t have to explain myself any more than that, it’s not that serious. Glad his experiment is a failure, I don’t have any sympathy for him.
As Raptors fans, you just have to accept that Toronto will never be a free agent destination in the NBA. Simple as that. But sense of entitlement is something you can never get rid of, so you do you.

At the end of the day, Ballmer is one of the best owners in the league. I don’t think he needs any sympathy especially from a random fan.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i still think kawhi would've stayed in toronto had the clips been unable to trade for one of his stars of choice. don't think he was ever serious about joining the lakers and was just using them for leverage. no way kawhi would've wanted to play with lebron and especially not with AD there too

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
As Raptors fans, you just have to accept that Toronto will never be a free agent destination in the NBA. Simple as that. But sense of entitlement is something you can never get rid of, so you do you.

At the end of the day, Ballmer is one of the best owners in the league. I don’t think he needs any sympathy especially from a random fan.

You call it entitlement, I call it passion. Most people didn’t hold it against Kawhi as it was his choice to be with his family. Doesn’t stop me from rooting against the Clippers, schadenfreude is natural in sports. Your dismissal of Toronto is an example of what breeds resentment for many Raptors fans. It makes it that much sweeter to watch another big market team fall flat on their face.

Vamos Rafa

F*** Voit
Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
You call it entitlement, I call it passion. Most people didn’t hold it against Kawhi as it was his choice to be with his family. Doesn’t stop me from rooting against the Clippers, schadenfreude is natural in sports. Your dismissal of Toronto is an example of what breeds resentment for many Raptors fans. It makes it that much sweeter to watch another big market team fall flat on their face.
Dismissal? It’s just the damn truth. Nobody wants to sign with Toronto. You call it schadenfreude. I call it inferiority complex. Lol big market team. Toronto is a big market itself. The only difference is nobody wants to sign there. But yeah, self-entitlement will always be part of your DNA.

Last edited:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Dismissal? It’s just the damn truth. Nobody wants to sign with Toronto. You call it schadenfreude. I call it inferiority complex. Lol big market team. Toronto is a big market itself. The only difference is nobody wants to sign there. But yeah, self-entitlement will always be part of your DNA.

You knew what I meant by big market team - free agent destination with inherent advantages. Nobody is insecure about that, we know that’s how the NBA operates. That dynamic is always going to exist within the league. If anything the entitlement is from the premier teams in the league.

It just makes so much sweeter when a team has those advantages and still manages to f*** it up. Winning a championship despite it was also awesome.

Vamos Rafa

F*** Voit
Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
You knew what I meant by big market team - free agent destination with inherent advantages. Nobody is insecure about that, we know that’s how the NBA operates. That dynamic is always going to exist within the league. If anything the entitlement is from the premier teams in the league.

It just makes so much sweeter when a team has those advantages and still manages to f*** it up. Winning a championship despite it was also awesome.
I mean, you’ve got to be a f***ing dumbass to hold it against teams that have natural geographic advantages. That’s why you play victim all the time. Just be happy Toronto has a team.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i wonder if kawhi would've considered staying in toronto if the clips hadn't been able to acquire one of his stars of choice

don't think he ever seriously considered signing with the lakers and playing third fiddle behind lebron and AD

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
i wonder if kawhi would've considered staying in toronto if the clips hadn't been able to acquire one of his stars of choice

don't think he ever seriously considered signing with the lakers and playing third fiddle behind lebron and AD
The Sixers were one of the teams interested in trading for Kawhi, and I 100% know that it was always assumed that he was heading to LA when his contract expired. Does that mean that it might have been possible for the Sixers to re-sign him? Maybe, but there was absolutey no hint that that could happen. It was basically, do you pay a high price (Ben Simmons plus a bunch) for what is in all likelihood one shot at the title?

Edit: Ben Simmons was actually a good player then. Funny (in a sad kind of way) how things work out.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
IMG_3254.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad