Paul Bissionette vs Don Sweeney (Swayman contract drama)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
In general, it blows my mind these guys can have such a following for a sports podcast.

30 seconds is 29 too many for me to listen to these blowhards.
There's too much nonsense chatter for me to listen to it, but considering how many hockey podcasts are going now, I guess that's what people want.

Danarqhy

Oct 27, 2022
Check Republic
youtube.com
What am I missing here? It looks to me like the Spittin Chiclets clowns are using info fed to them By Swayman's agent, and running with it as concrete facts. Sweeney maybe a bit unprofessional here but I don't see what good it does him to call them out on it if what he said (or denied) wasn't true. It's widely known that hockey agents will often try to negotiate through the media, this looks to be exactly that.

Bizz & co are being used as mouthpieces in a contract negotiation, not sure how to look at this any other way. Kind of a lame place to be in for the podcast but I guess they don't think their viewers are that intelligent to see it anyway.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
What am I missing here? It looks to me like the Spittin Chiclets clowns are using info fed to them By Swayman's agent, and running with it as concrete facts. Sweeney maybe a bit unprofessional here but I don't see what good it does him to call them out on it if what he said (or denied) wasn't true. It's widely known that hockey agents will often try to negotiate through the media, this looks to be exactly that.

Bizz & co are being used as mouthpieces in a contract negotiation, not sure how to look at this any other way. Kind of a lame place to be in for the podcast but I guess they don't think their viewers are that intelligent to see it anyway.
That's my exact take.

Danarqhy

Oct 27, 2022
Check Republic
youtube.com
Wouldn't be the first time Biz had legit sources. People called him a clown for going after Babcock like he did but as it turns out, he had legit information from multiple guys on the Jackets roster.

I know people aren't big on the podcast, but it's ran by players with connections to many current/former players. It wouldn't shock me if Biz's source was actually Sway himself.

And if this is the case, Don Sweeney needs to be fired into the sun. You screwed this up by taking him to arbitration over 500k, and now Swayman is rightly sticking it to you for it and you can't handle it.
This would be a great post, except the 2 situations are nothing alike. I'm not sure if anyone is denying the sources here, as it's very obviously Swayman's agent This is a contract negotiation, that is now apparently taking place in the media. Guess who that favors? Very obviously Swayman and his agent. Bizz and co also have nothing to lose by going to bat by using the information the agent gave them and taking it at face value.

Just think about it, do you seriously think Sweeney would ignore Swayman for WEEKS on end and refuse to talk with him? People in management care about 1 thing and 1 thing only, remaining in power. Knowing that blowing the Swayman negotiation by flat out ignoring him could cost him big, I'd say the likelihood of that happening is about 0 %. But hey if the Spittin Chiclets podcast provides undeniable proof that Sweeney somehow flat out refused and ignored Swayman for numerous weeks on end, I'll be happy to change my mind. But it's never gonna happen.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
We need more beefs in hockey.

Absolutely. This is the kind of thing that generates interest more than almost anything else.

I'm a big fan of the pod, but regardless I can't see them just making this up. Either it's true or someone is feeding them false info for whatever reason but they have 0 reason to go out on this limb unless they are fairly confident in the information they received.

Reactions: DaveG

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Man, doesn't look good for Sweeney. He got trolled by two clowns and took the bait.

From a PR perspective, he made the situation worse instead of better.

Reactions: DaveG

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
In general, it blows my mind these guys can have such a following for a sports podcast.

They've got connections and insight that almost every single poster here (including you and I) lack. And it's entertaining to many people. I'd prefer to listen to them than see posts like this. :dunno:

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
who is paul bbiisonet
He's a dipshit that thinks himself more important and intelligent than the rest of the world thinks he is. He speaks on a podcast with 2 other equally stupid blokes.

Considering how some hockey fans think and seeing it here when the Hockey Canada Rape stuff was being talked about and how many were victim blaming - which is the bulk of that podcast's fanbase really, I'm not shocked.

Every turd attracts flies, Spitting Shitlets has a ton of flies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The Bruins left 8.6 of cap space before getting around to Swayman, no? It’s speculated/alleged that Benning used a similar tactic with, Pettersson and it caused dissension. If this is a page out of the GM playbook, it wouldn’t be all that surprising if Sweeney isn’t returning his calls. You can’t fit 9.0M into 8.60f cap space. So what is there to say? Plus, Sweeney is probably wanting them to know who has leverage.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
https://www.bostonherald.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/09/BHR-L-sportsfront-240918-A040.jpg

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He got back to him mid 3rd work week and I think that's a very important distinction...

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Funny story about Bisonette.

Back when the 12-13 lockout was dragging on, he was spamming NHLPA propaganda constantly on Twitter. I chirped him in a reply saying something like "Dude, shut up. It's a miracle that anyone pays you money to try to play hockey in the first place".

He proceeded to send me a DM where he cried about how poorly treated the players are, then blocked me before I could reply. He still has me blocked 12 years later, dude is a clown and soft as babyshit.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Don’t mention the podcast to begin with and there’s no problem
yep, a simple "I can't speak to any rumors that are out there, we're trying to come to a solution on the contract impasse that's amicable to both parties" and nobody thinks anything of it other than it's just GM speak. But Don decided to go out and choose violence. I'll need to get some popcorn ready for when this plays itself out.

Last edited:

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Wouldn't be the first time Biz had legit sources. People called him a clown for going after Babcock like he did but as it turns out, he had legit information from multiple guys on the Jackets roster.

I know people aren't big on the podcast, but it's ran by players with connections to many current/former players. It wouldn't shock me if Biz's source was actually Sway himself.

And if this is the case, Don Sweeney needs to be fired into the sun. You screwed this up by taking him to arbitration over 500k, and now Swayman is rightly sticking it to you for it and you can't handle it.
Two things can be true. He is a clown and he has some sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad