Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Great news, man it was somber around here for a few days!!

I’m feeling a little punch drunk about watching Dach tonight? It’s going to take a long time to settle the nerves, with every hit our top 6 take, I’m looking around for the grim reaper.
Cheers.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Last year Dach's injury did not look that bad at the moment. Key is the ACL and if it tears then surgery and it can happen with awkward twists. Laine's looked worse but on the replay it was mostly a side hit. I thought for sure it was bye bye MCL however there must be more flex laterally compared to anterior-posterior. Better than expected.

I mean... Dach got driven into the benches by a 6ft6 colossal beast.

Reactions: CharleyHorse

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I'm happy that it isn't serious but he really put his body in an awkward position and reminded me of Drouin trying to deke his way into the zone. He has to play much smarter than that based on his injury history.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
His ligaments have amazing flexibility, holy shit.

But im suspicious. Suspicious that Laine didnt want to get chirurgy and wanted to
Try rehab instead.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Yeah, but next year will be even better. Laine should be back, Demidov and other young players coming in, maybe Hage, maybe Rainmaker (hopefuly), Mailloux. Bad contracts coming out. We'll only be carrying Gallagher, Anderson and Price comes next year. Salary retention coming out. The roster turnover will be almost complete.

Even with Laine on the cap and Slaf's cap raise next season, we'll have around 17 mil to replace or re-sign Savard, Dvo, Armia and Evans.
The only guy to re-sign would be Savard, if he is willing to stay on as a depth guy and mentor.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
His ligaments have amazing flexibility, holy shit.

But im suspicious. Suspicious that Laine didnt want to get chirurgy and wanted to
Try rehab instead.
Same here…which I get and as long as there's no ACL damage rehab should be fine.

But probably also means an inevitable arthroscopic surgery to clean things up at some point in the offseason.

For now they/he avoided the worst.

Reactions: Andy and Hannibal

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
best case scenario here. For the next few months, Roy, (maybe Kapanen), maybe Heineman can get chances to develop on top two lines then become a strong add to a third line once PL is back.

psyched again.

Reactions: sampollock

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
We're SO back!:party::partytime:

Uncancel the parade! 2-3 months is still a long time, but it means a potential return in 2024 is still on the table. Even if it takes the full 3 months and he's back for January then we'll have 45 games left in the season. Hopefully we can be somewhat competitive until Christmas so we're playing some meaningful games when he gets back.

I have such a big goofy smile glued to my face now lol.

• Haha
Reactions: sampollock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad