Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I think we may be on our way to Stage 5 in the 7 stages of grief..
  1. Shock and Denial: Initial numbing reaction to loss.
  2. Pain and Guilt: Deep feelings of sorrow and self-blame.
  3. Anger and Bargaining: Frustration leading to anger and attempts to negotiate for relief.
  4. Depression: A period of deep sadness as one processes the loss.
  5. The Upward Turn: Gradual improvement in emotional state as one begins to adjust.
  6. Reconstruction and Working Through: Actively addressing challenges posed by the loss.
  7. Acceptance and Hope: Finding a way to live with the loss and moving forward with life.
4. Depression: A period of deep sadness as one processes the loss.
5. False Hope: Will believe anything encouraging, even if from Hockeyy Insiderrr.
6. Reconstruction and Working Through
: Actively addressing challenges posed by the loss.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
So we know by what wasn’t said today, it’s bad.

All the Twitter speculation is just that. Give it a day or two and we will know for sure.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Ping me when he sniffs 40 goals once, just once.

His goal total was down because where he was taking the shots from. He has to take more shots around the net. Shots from far out are easy for goalies to save, shit shoot 1000 of them they will save most of them.

His shoulder is nothing more than an excuse. They guy said it was 100%, I’ll take his word.
I read somewhere that average velocity on Caufield's shot in the first half of last year was down 5 mph from the previous year. I don't know if it improved in the second half.

Doom Bot

Aug 30, 2024
Man this made me really sad. I hope it works out for him and he can get back to scoring goals. Really deflated the season start for me, not looking forward to it near as much as I was.

Reactions: Gravity

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
It’s a month’s difference wtf are you talking about?
First nobody knows the extent of the injury or timetable other than it will be bad. Twitter doc doesn’t know shit about the timeframe.

If he plays 10-15 games, for the most part it is essentially season ending injury by then the habs playoff fate will be decided.

Last edited:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
First nobody knows the extent of the injury or timetable other than it will be bad. Twitter doc doesn’t know shit about the timeframe.

If he plays 10-15 games, for the most part it is essentially season ending injury. Grab a snickers!
Incorrect. If the injury ends his season, then it is a season-ending injury. This isn't much better, but if you're going to split hairs you should know you have it wrong.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Incorrect. If the injury ends his season, then it is a season-ending injury. This isn't much better, but if you're going to split hairs you should know you have it wrong.

If he comes back and plays 6-10 games it’s not “technically” a season ending injury but it is pretty much is in the bigger picture.

“Essentially” kind of implies it might as well be. Kind of like the phrase, the race is essentially a tie, doesn’t mean it’s actually a tie but it’s pretty close.

near season ending injury, hope the fellas can sleep tonight, lol.

Last edited:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
If he comes back and plays 6-10 games it’s not “technically” a season ending injury but it is pretty much is in the bigger picture.

“Essentially” kind of implies it might as well be. Kind of like the phrase, the race is essentially a tie, doesn’t mean it’s actually a tie but it’s pretty close to being one.

near season ending injury, hope the fellas can sleep tonight, lol.
so you just slid the goalposts from 10-5 games to suddenly 6-10 games. lol

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
so you just slid the goalposts from 10-5 games to suddenly 6-10 games. lol
10, 15, 6, it’s ALL the same! Who knows!

I have no clue how many if any he will play.

I’m pulling numbers out my ass to show that if he plays a handful of games at the end of the season it’s a wasted season for PL, pretty much season ending. That’s the point, hope you can grasp it, lol.

WOW!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad