Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
And KHL playoffs start March 26th. Depending on how ska does could you imagine Adding demigod and Laine at that point if we're in a playoff spot. Ultimate wild card.

That would bring back the vibes.

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Both those teams are significantly worse than us. Guaranteed.

Sens added some depth and underperformed last year. Philly's rookie corps and addition of Michkov will push them further, they missed the playoffs by what, 2 pts? They are not taking a step back from 87 pts with Michkov in the lineup, no way. The Sens , who I detest with every ounce of my soul, made some solid moves and will be better.

Reactions: River Meadow

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
While the our system definitely needs work, going 100% private is pure stupidity and unrealistic.
What's stupid is that we think the market system that gives us competition and thus lower prices and better quality products and services in virtually every other sector can't work for health care. It can and it does. The United States although now hampered by Obamacare has twice as many MRI machines per capita, more doctors and beds per capita, much shorter wait times not just in emergency rooms but in MRIs, 25% of Canadians and almost 30% of Brits wait as much as 6 weeks as opposed to to only 5% of Americans waiting that long for MRIs. 30,000 Canadians cross the border every year to seek treatment in the US despite getting "free healthcare" here. It's a broken system because nothing except competition can make a product more affordable. We haven't made healthcare more affordable, we've just refused to pay the costs because the ones in charge of deciding how to allocate the money do not have the proper incentive structure to ensure it gets spent wisely and it's evident to me in an example of the NSHA paying as much as $4500 rental fees for travel nurses housing. There is no cost benefit analysis being done in a socialized system that comes even close to resembling what's done in a free market. Nobodys spends his money as carefully as he spends his own and the government does not spend our money wisely. They waste and waste and waste and spend and then print more and cause inflation and everyone with any sense is tired of it.

• Haha
Reactions: Miller Time

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
Whatever happens I trust the radio host in Alberta, the heroin dealer in Ontario, the drama teacher currently in Ottawa and the never-once-held-a-job (but qualified for pension at 31 yo) guy that is replacing the drama teacher next year to fix the system for us

That is absolutely criminal. People are so mislead about our healthcare system. Whole thing needs to be privatized. Everywhere.
Say billionaires everywhere

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Still all speculation.
Ping me when he sniffs 40 goals once, just once.

His goal total was down because where he was taking the shots from. He has to take more shots around the net. Shots from far out are easy for goalies to save, shit shoot 1000 of them they will save most of them.

His shoulder is nothing more than an excuse. They guy said it was 100%, I’ll take his word.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
You expect guys like Suzuki and Caufield and Slaf to take another step forward. The young dmen should also be better and allow fewer goals. To be that is a realistic minimum expectation, and that alone would be enough to push this team above others like Ottawa, Buffalo, Philly, etc...
That’s true but you can also argue that Ott, Buf and Phi will be better this year.

Reactions: Habby4Life

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Someone has to figure this injury curse/jinx/bad MOJO thing out n squash it. Do whatever it takes lol.
Team is well.on it's way to another top few in the league to missed games and the season aint even started yet. F me.
Best wishes on a successful recovery. I'd say speedy but looked bad.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

"Six Weeks to Forever"

(Verse 1)
Six weeks to forever, and time’s moving slow,
Patrik Laine’s down, feelin’ the blow.
Injuries haunt him like a dark, lonesome night,
But he’s holdin’ on tight, ready to fight.

(Pre-Chorus)
Each day’s a battle, with shadows in tow,
But he’ll rise like the sun, let his true colors show.
With fire in his soul, he’ll break through the pain,
No more lookin’ back, he’ll dance in the rain.

(Chorus)
Six weeks to forever, will he find his way?
Lost in the unknown, but he’s here to stay.
One day he’ll never feel better, he’ll climb,
The Canadiens’ curse won’t steal his shine.

(Verse 2)
The road is uncertain, but he’s ready to roam,
With hope in his heart, he’ll find his way home.
Six weeks to forever, he’s learnin’ to fly,
With every step he takes, he’ll reach for the sky.

(Pre-Chorus)
Each bruise tells a story, each tear’s part of him,
He’s turnin’ the page, never givin’ in.
With every step forward, he’ll rise from the fall,
Defyin’ the odds, he’ll conquer it all.

(Chorus)
Six weeks to forever, will he find his way?
Lost in the unknown, but he’s here to stay.
One day he’ll never feel better, he’ll climb,
The Canadiens’ curse won’t steal his shine.

(Outro)
Six weeks to forever, his spirit won’t fade,
He’s breakin’ these chains, he’s unafraid.
Through all the uncertainty, he’ll find his way,
Six weeks to forever, he’s here to stay.
I needed this oddly enough lol.

Reactions: Hacketts

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Folks,

Please take the healthcare discussions to another message board. It falls under the no politics rules here.

Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad