Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Yep. It needs to end, we need to go for it, like yesterday. I already feel like last year was a year too much for Nick and the likes, they felt completely numb anytime you'd see their faces.

Honestly yeah the fans are gonna get disintersted but I'd f***ing hate it for some of our core players to just quit on the team or on their careers. Complacency is tough to get rid of.
I think you are projecting, players know if they have a team to win or not, you cannot tell me that the player aren't excited about getting Demidov. I think you are far more frustrated than they are.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Facts over Feelings my man lol.

You’ll be aight lol
The fact is your posting is incoherent.

One could say that a rebuilding team that has 1 single player not from "tanking" is a team that isn't built from tanking, yet it is an useless comment.

You were trying to make a point that you thought was clever but it was not.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The fact they’re blue balling the fans can’t be a positive thing.
Teams don’t have their own surgeons. They have to wait for swelling to go down. Then scan and then get multiple opinions I’d imagine. It takes more than two days for that.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It’s funny how this is constantly ignored in this raging tanking debate.

But I digress
It's as if people think tanking is the only way to add talent. It might be the most simple way, but it comes with downsides, especially to the young players currently on the roster.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think you are projecting, players know if they have a team to win or not, you cannot tell me that the player aren't excited about getting Demidov. I think you are far more frustrated than they are.
I'm pretty sure Nick and Co thought they'd AT LEAST be challenging for a playoff spot. Maybe finish 24th or 22nd in overall, not 27th again.

What else are they going to do as players? They signed here, they're here. I know they were excited for Laine, Lane, Demidov. Why? Because they're excited to win.

It's as if people think tanking is the only way to add talent. It might be the most simple way, but it comes with downsides, especially to the young players currently on the roster.
Nobody thinks that.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
idk I understand the sentiment and I do think some people are just happy tanking forever

bookies putting us at 76 points this year is like, to me that would be a catastrophic failure... The whole point of having a team full of 20-26 year olds is that they'll progress every year, if they don't then we're not building, we're just stagnating

Reactions: Mrb1p

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
We were many years ahead — Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle + others in the bag when they started.

What's the implication here? That Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle qualifies as many years ahead despite the fact the almost every rebuilding team starts with talent? Or that advocating not going for it now means that talent that hasn't made it yet wont soon?

I don’t think it’s a good thing either but remember Dr Mulder is 1000 years old so he might have just been slow to read the scans.

Mulder's Head Physician Emeritus, he's not the one reading the scans or making the decisions.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
We were many years ahead — Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle + others in the bag when they started.

This sort of a fallacy, because while they were here, it wasn't enough. The intervening years between their acquisition and the loss of major players was when it started. We didn't start rebuilding until Price and Weber were gone. The hole left wasn't patched by adding CC, suz and Guhle. That massive hole is when the rebuild started, imo and no matter the players we already had, that hole was there and still hasn't been filled.

Reactions: SOLR

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Rebuilding is one thing if players buy into it. Let's not forget that these athletes are the best at their craft in the world and didn't get that way by being ok with losing. These guys want to play meaningful games.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'd call those forever tankers if we passed year 4 or 5. We're 3 years in.

That's my point.
The core players have been acquired in
2019 (Nick, Cole)
2020 (Guhle)
2021 (Roy)
2022 (Slaf, Dach, Lane)

This is the rebuild. We're not in year 3, we're at the very best in year 5, I'd say year 6 because the true accumulation started in 2018 with KK, Romanov)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad