Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I blame the drop pass and the system, never liked the idea of handing it off to someone just to see him hit a wall at the blueline everytime. Suprised more guys haven't gotten laid out.
Agreed.................this BS play has to be finished with, or at least not used every fu&*ing time they try to enter the zone.
The PP last night was beyond awful and it's time to call out everyone, including the coach.
That game was beyond easily winnable even after the kneeing injury to Laine. Kudos to Arber....glad he had the stones.

Anyhow, opening night should be a great game!!
Let's hope Karma comes to the game also......

Their fans have short memories. LOL
We always have the playoffs, good times!!

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
The only positive thing I can see is that we’ll get another tank year and probably another 1st high draft pick. Selling Savard , Armia , Evans and Dvorak for extra picks at Tdl. Last year of adfing lots of assets. Next year we get laine back , and hopefully use assets to propulse to the next level .

The core stay strong with Suzuki, Dach, Slafkovsky, Hutson, Ghule, Caufield , Demidov + 2025 1st round pick.

I think we probably have a strong G starter in in either of Montambault or Fowler or Dobes.

The last piece needed in a strong RD in the likes of Andersson in Calgary.
Isn’t that why we drafted Reinbacher.

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
what was exactly the accidental part between Pare extending his knee towards Laine and impact? 😂
I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. It was a reactionary play with a bad ending.

That is until I just read a comment that stated Paré saying "I had to do something".

And the NHL wants more scrubs like this to play in the very near future.

Good job NHL. (Mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
the extreme opinions / fans are always whack, can’t judge either fanbase based on the behaviour of a few, especially now that social media promotes visibility of content that triggers reaction / engagement.

It does highlight the fact that HuGo needs to decide what to do with this aspect of the game when they have warrior-poet MSL coaching. I’m sure MSL is pissed that Xhekaj gave the Leafs a 7mn PP but what should have been done ? And if MSL answer was “win the game” it just doesn’t work for 99% of the fan base (and the players).

The other aspect of it is the horrid PP. We heard in the media that some vets were grumbling about the surge of rookies but if you can’t make the PP produce, you gotta change things up. This shouldn’t be decided based on pre-season but Habs PP we saw looked exactly like the last 2 years, feckless.

Last thing, I think the definite answer for that is having middle 6 players that play with an edge, not 4th liners you can’t use in critical moments. Guys like Sam Bennet, Tom Wilson. I think Anderson is supposed to play that role but he’s not doing it.
Xhekaj looks like a core player to me. Shea Weber vibes, he puts up with zero bullshit and takes care of business. Hope the MSL beef is just talk and nothing more. Habs cannot ever trade this guy.

And his brother will be good too. Cut from the same cloth in his own way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad