Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Maybe your right that you said I'm optimistic, but I see in my life more painful injurie. That's looks really not that bad when you watch the picture//video.

But yeah, high chance that he is out of the season, but good chance aswell that's it's only 4-6 weeks. We don't really know the exact impact at this moment.
Dach’s season-ending hit last year looked way less severe.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
This was an acquisition I was a big fan of. This will be fairly disappointing if he’s out all year. I’m remaining optimistic that it will only be 4-6 weeks until I hear otherwise.

No one could have predicted this as much as some want to blame this on Laine and say stupid things like he’s injury prone and this was predictable, it wasn’t. A scrub that doesn’t belong on the same ice as him stuck his knee out at him as his last line of defence. This is not Laine’s fault and if he is out the year it doesn’t change the fact that this was a player that made sense for Kent Hughes to target.

I hope we see him wearing the CH this year.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
IMO the fault for the injury to Laine is on Berube. I have no doubt knowing the kind of player he was that he deliberately played a C lineup and told them to hit everything that moves as retribution for what Pezzetta did.

Reactions: Levard

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
IMO the fault for the injury to Laine is on Berube. I have no doubt knowing the kind of player he was that he deliberately played a C lineup and told them to hit everything that moves as retribution for what Pezzetta did.
Pare had to impress, so he targeted the Habs best forward, well at least on paper. He had to justify his 400k AHL salary. Whether intentional or not, Pare deserves to be suspended. If it was a Habs plug, they would have received a 2 game suspension.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Leafs fans are the lowest form for scum... f*** them. Karma will visit and I will be cheering when it happens.
And the tweets su
Leafs fans are the lowest form for scum... f*** them. Karma will visit and I will be cheering when it happens.
You sure about that? Amirov is the the leafs 1st rounder who died of brain cancer recently. There are idiots everywhere.

• Wow
Reactions: SpeedyPotato

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
my thoughts exactly

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
What it means is we should not extrapolate on the severity of the injury based on the play and the immediate outcome.
Sure time will tell but it is easy to see from the footage and his reaction it isn’t going to be good.

No one should expect anything but long term tomorrow.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
If they wanted retribution for Pezzetta someone should have step up and fight him… I didn’t like Pezzetta finishing is check but that was way less dangerous. Pare was a worst play and refused to answer the bell that when you go get retribution…

Last edited:

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
the extreme opinions / fans are always whack, can’t judge either fanbase based on the behaviour of a few, especially now that social media promotes visibility of content that triggers reaction / engagement.

It does highlight the fact that HuGo needs to decide what to do with this aspect of the game when they have warrior-poet MSL coaching. I’m sure MSL is pissed that Xhekaj gave the Leafs a 7mn PP but what should have been done ? And if MSL answer was “win the game” it just doesn’t work for 99% of the fan base (and the players).

The other aspect of it is the horrid PP. We heard in the media that some vets were grumbling about the surge of rookies but if you can’t make the PP produce, you gotta change things up. This shouldn’t be decided based on pre-season but Habs PP we saw looked exactly like the last 2 years, feckless.

Last thing, I think the definite answer for that is having middle 6 players that play with an edge, not 4th liners you can’t use in critical moments. Guys like Sam Bennet, Tom Wilson. I think Anderson is supposed to play that role but he’s not doing it.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Acquiring laine just made the team a little more exciting to watch. Now without him there js a huge hole in the top 6. Not that many expectes the habs to push for the playoffs, we just wanted the games to mean something. Seasom hasnt even started yet and already got a punch to the gut.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
The only positive thing I can see is that we’ll get another tank year and probably another 1st high draft pick. Selling Savard , Armia , Evans and Dvorak for extra picks at Tdl. Last year of adfing lots of assets. Next year we get laine back , and hopefully use assets to propulse to the next level .

The core stay strong with Suzuki, Dach, Slafkovsky, Hutson, Ghule, Caufield , Demidov + 2025 1st round pick.

I think we probably have a strong G starter in in either of Montambault or Fowler or Dobes.

The last piece needed in a strong RD in the likes of Andersson in Calgary.

Reactions: Erika

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I am praying this end up being a few weeks. But, I fear it's the season. We just can't have nice things.

I hope this team rallies around it's shit luck. Brings them together. Strengthens the bond, for when we are ready to compete.

Reactions: BLONG7

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Given that it is about 9 pm Eastern I assume we will not know anything about Laine today. Thought it was mentioned yesterday he'll get MRI'd today.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Pare had to impress, so he targeted the Habs best forward, well at least on paper. He had to justify his 400k AHL salary. Whether intentional or not, Pare deserves to be suspended. If it was a Habs plug, they would have received a 2 game suspension.
Xhekaj's beatdown was more clearly suspendable.... and he wasnt suspended. So time to lay these silly conspiracy theories to rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad