Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
I think that the point of playing preseason games for these previously injured vets is vets to shake their shake their rust off.
The first line are going to build on what they accomplished last season.

The progression goes for 2/3 of the second line and on and they’ll need some games to gel. I have high hopes for them to bring high scoring in real games along the line that will tilt the games. In my hopes they will make a headache for linematching for opposing teams.

Reactions: Redux91

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It is not encouraging for any player to already need treatments days after just a few days of camp.

Even worse for a player that had his share of injuries in the last few years.

You think this is good?

It’s completely normal for vets to take off days during camp

Teams know they have a 82 game season ahead of them and want players to be in shape

Edit, & with Laine it could have been planned ahead for them to ease Laine back into the mix after missing that much time

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It’s completely normal for vets to take off days during camp

Teams know they have a 82 game season ahead of them and want players to be in shape

Edit, & with Laine it could have been planned ahead for them to ease Laine back into the mix after missing that much time
Yeah a couple of seasons ago Suzuki had 3 or 4 therapy days during camp.
He went on to play his 82 games.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I watched you guys play since our game against Buffalo wasn't... ehm... ideal. 😏

Laine has always started slow in preseason and early in the season. He looked better in this game than he did in the preseasons in Columbus. It is good he has less kg.

Reactions: Troyp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad