Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
He is unfortunately a player that can get quite easily frustrated, and when he gets frustrated he gets quite easily off his game. On the other hand if he can use his strengths, he builds his confidence and when his confidence is high, he can be an absolute monster.

I just hope that he has been able to work through that in therapy and knows how to deal with it better. From the interviews it seems he has worked on it

Reactions: Ippenator

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I don’t claim that Laine has to absolutely have a very good passer as center, but when he has, that will still get the most out of him. As I mentioned centers like Barkov would be pretty ideal. Sebastian Aho worked also really well with Laine in the 2016 WJC tournament. In my opinion Aho and Suzuki are a bit similar players, so I think Laine and Suzuki could work really well too,

In Columbus there wasn’t really any very good passing centers when Laine played there. The best fit with Laine of centers in Columbus was definitely Jenner, but he in fact is a better passer than many might think. Not excellent, but I would say that he is above average at least. And he isn't a puck hog, which type of player hasn’t usually worked well with Laine.

Laine played at some point quite much with Voracek as the other winger and he was a good passer that could occasionally get the best out of Laine. Although I don’t think Laine and Voracek were necessarily the best fit, and would agree with your comment that Nyquist worked pretty well as Laine’s other winger. Laine with Jenner and Nyquist was probably the best combo that I saw with Laine in Columbus,

I have to disagree with you that Laine was a good fit with Chinakhov though. I always wondered how you saw them somehow work so well together. They didn’t even play that much together, and I can’t say that they worked too well naturally. Some lucky bounces made them probably seem better together than they really were.
I disagree, I remember the Chinachov - Roslovic - Laine line when Larsen made it in the game against Buffalo. We were losing and it could have turned the game around. They played great in the other games. Subsequently, I liked chemistry the Laine - Jenner - Chinakhov line as well as Laine - Fantilli - Danforth and in one game Laine - Fantilli - Olivier. Justin and Mathieu play well without the puck, they don't try to hold onto the puck like Alex Texier. Yes, they are not top 9 players, but they were very good as a complement. Unfortunately, Laine's post-concussion play didn't allow the full potential of these three lines to show. Otherwise, I liked the Johnson - Sillinger - Laine love he in the game against Toronto. And again, the center was a power forward.

Other than Slafkovský and Anderson I don't know too many Habs players by the description and stats seem perfect to me Josh Roy, fast, excellent forchecker with super takeaways, shot and hockey vision. And somebody like Luke Tuch but a TOP 6 center. Can Habs fans say if Montreal has similar player?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
The memes are here

1000008749.jpg

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
IMO, you are. Marty's a quick study who is constantly trying to get better and we haven't seen a fully experienced version of him. Judging him by how he's been in his first two seasons is a bit premature.

I disagree with the notion that he's simply here in the interim. HuGo hired him to grow with the team. All great coaches are the actual captains of their team and Marty already fits that role to a T. His crew will go to war for him. If they need someone for better X and O's, they'll simply add someone rather than replace someone the players see as one of their own.

Elite players rarely make good coaches, but I feel MSL is the exception to the rule.
Our team needs to take the next step, but so does Marty. He has had many tough outings as a coach certain nights.
Let's not kid ourselves, he is learning on the job, let's see if he can develop as well as the team......the eye in the sky is Grillo, who was brought in to help Marty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad