LeBrun: Patrik Laine wants a fresh start and trade out of Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023
Options like?
Zero chance the Csnes offer JK for Laine anyway.
Laine, unless he agrees to terminate his contract, is on CBJ next season. If he plays well, shows interest, then he might find a new club at the 2025 TDL. Even then CBJ would need to retain 50% and have a third team retain 25%. He’s just really not a player anyone will want right now. Not for any sugar added.
Neither of us know what the options are. But I'm not buying that either JK or Kuznetsov are the only 2 options.

Starting the season in Columbus is certainly an option. Retaining salary to get a better return is also an option. Of the many options put forth in this thread, I view JK and Kuznetsov as being among the worst options so far.

Reactions: Viqsi

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
What Laine can provide:

Best shot on planet

Excellent playmaking
Responsible defensive play

As a fan I have to accept that there's a higher than standard injury rate in his career. It has to be admitted even by the biggest fan of his , that there's an injury probability higher than normal.

But. And this is the huge thing. If you feed that shot, you lean to it, he will win you championships from outside the slot.

He's an anomaly. There's gonna be a better shooter at some point. Right now the best one is him. When correctly used, he's an "unfair advantage " the opponent doesn't have. Nobody has an equal to shoot from distance. Easily shown by stats.

If a coach knows how to use the above, great things follow. Can't wait for him to play a full season and with top level talent

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
What Laine can provide:

Best shot on planet

Excellent playmaking

As a fan I have to accept that there's a higher than standard injury rate in his career. It has to be admitted even by the biggest fan of his , that there's an injury probability higher than normal.

But. And this is the huge thing. If you feed that shot, you lean to it, he will win you championships from outside the slot.

He's an anomaly. There's gonna be a better shooter at some point. Right now the best one is him. When correctly used, he's an "unfair advantage " the opponent doesn't have. Nobody has an equal to shoot from distance. Easily shown by stats.

If a coach knows how to use the above, great things follow. Can't wait for him to play a full season and with top level talent

Which of the Finnish 5 are you?

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Actually player do exactly that. If Laine wants a fresh start then terminate his contract and sign for league minimum as a UFA. Otherwise he should shut the hell up because he has way less than zero value.
Reading comments from fans like you is perfect fun. They don't know anything about Laine, haven't watched his games, don't respond to stats, but know exactly what his value is. :cool:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
What Laine can provide:

Best shot on planet

Excellent playmaking

The fact is, GMs will try to take advantage of his injuries and the fact that he's in the NHLPA program. So we can't expect high value, can only hope he changes his mind thanks to the new GM.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Not sure I understand the question. All of them?

What part are you disagreeing with? Or are you?

The best shot on the planet, anomaly part.

I forget their names but there were
5 fans who joined before laines draft
And just kept telling us that we could never appreciate a talent like this.

How he was going to be a 70 goal scorer and was McDavid level because he was a completely unique scorer and focused because as an 18 year old
He didn’t drink or something

Ijoka
psycho dad
Kelsier
And 2
Others. It was pretty silly for a while

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Some other players eat record amounts of hot dogs, pull their pants down in front of shocked female security guards or harrass and/or beat people.

Fortnite is not the problem
Laine played insane hours of fortnite, didnt use them to improve his hockey talent, not sure why you brought up two things that didnt hold back Kessel or Matthews. Kessel went on to win 2 cups and Matthews since has won multiple Rockets, a Hart and a Lindsay.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Some other players eat record amounts of hot dogs, pull their pants down in front of shocked female security guards or harrass and/or beat people.

Fortnite is not the problem
The truth is, no one of HF really truly knows the players issues.....
The guy is very talented hockey player who has not yet, learned how to be a true professional.
The bottom line is there is plenty of time for this kid to get it together......as for his value obviously it's low right now, and for CBJ it's better if he comes to camp ready to prove himself, and get his value up in order to help facilitate a trade.

Guys on here, can argue all day for the sake of arguing. No one on here really truly knows his value, it's just crazy banter at this point. Opinions, are just that....

Reactions: mattihp

ijuka

May 14, 2016
The best shot on the planet, anomaly part.

I forget their names but there were
5 fans who joined before laines draft
And just kept telling us that we could never appreciate a talent like this.

How he was going to be a 70 goal scorer and was McDavid level because he was a completely unique scorer and focused because as an 18 year old
He didn’t drink or something

Ijoka
psycho dad
Kelsier
And 2
Others. It was pretty silly for a while
Yeah, I still maintain that his play style completely changed after his concussion during his rookie season. Played more timid and perimeter since then and lost a lot of what gave him the strong projections.

And putting me with psycho_dad is pretty ridiculous.

I think that 60 goals, by the way, was a pretty good projection. Who's going to project his injure troubles when he's 18? His best seasons were when he was 18 and 19, who would assume that? Especially when we assume how much scoring has gone up over the years, that was a perfectly reasonable projection, even if it didn't end up going like that. It's the 6th-most goals by a 19-year-old of all time.

What's a lot more pathetic, by the way, is you digging up this 8 years after the fact and mocking people for it.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Actually player do exactly that. If Laine wants a fresh start then terminate his contract and sign for league minimum as a UFA. Otherwise he should shut the hell up because he has way less than zero value.
They do that at very low salaries when they aren’t getting a chance to even play

Players don’t give up $9M in guaranteed money

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Reading comments from fans like you is perfect fun. They don't know anything about Laine, haven't watched his games, don't respond to stats, but know exactly what his value is. :cool:
Like I said earlier...
Pshaw. Why would you ever have to actually watch Laine? He's all famous and stuff; there's more than enough hot takes out there to form a coherent opinion. Besides, he plays for the Blue Jackets. Who would ever want to watch that team?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Would you leave another 17 mil on the table or is that just empty words.
Laine wants a “fresh” start. So a new beginning. He could accomplish that immediately if he terminates his contract. Otherwise his current value is so low he’s next to impossible to trade. So he doesn’t get his desired “fresh start”.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
He has value if there’s a bad contract coming back. Could see VAN being interested and sending Mikheyev the other way (as a base)

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Laine wants a “fresh” start. So a new beginning. He could accomplish that immediately if he terminates his contract. Otherwise his current value is so low he’s next to impossible to trade. So he doesn’t get his desired “fresh start”.
I am not so sure he is not a fit somewhere, he is a talented 26-year-old, I would not mind seeing the Bruins take a long hard look at him.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Yeah, because guy that put up 0,98ppg on a terrible team when healthy has ”way less than zero value” and should sign for a league minimum :laugh:

Ain’t no way you’re actually stupid enough to believe this.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I am not so sure he is not a fit somewhere, he is a talented 26-year-old, I would not mind seeing the Bruins take a long hard look at him.
Maybe if his contract was only one year? But he’s got two years at a very high cap hit. Plus, could Laine play Bruins hockey? They play a very hard to play against fast style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad