LeBrun: Patrik Laine wants a fresh start and trade out of Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
You're responding credulously to a rhetorical question. The point being made is that there often seems to be something wrong with Laine requiring him to leave a team or leave the game entirely, and after a while that lowers a player's value.
I'm just pointing out the truth of posing such a thought on a message board, a truth that's been borne out throughout this thread. But thanks for considering my point credulous. I do try.

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
The Dubois trade with LA is a cautionary tale. Although I think there is a fit, I don't see the Habs being interested unless their risk is minimized. Columbus is going in a different direction and won't give him away. In the end, both teams would do better looking elsewhere.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Honestly - CBJ is delusional if they think they have a ton of value here in Laine.

8.7 million for a player that has removed CBJ's leverage by publicly asking for a trade and has a history like he does?

He is a big risk for a team to spend valuable assets on. I would significantly lower any expectations CBJ fans might have.
The discussions taking place here have largely already taken that into consideration.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I saw a Kent Johnson proposal, but Fantilli works for that spot.
To be fair, the KJ one was less "swap Dvorak and Anderson" and more "still take Anderson, but here's Matheson also". Not that it makes it any better for the Jackets overall, but they at least made a token effort.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Honestly - CBJ is delusional if they think they have a ton of value here in Laine.

8.7 million for a player that has removed CBJ's leverage by publicly asking for a trade and has a history like he does?

He is a big risk for a team to spend valuable assets on. I would significantly lower any expectations CBJ fans might have.
Yeah those folks sure are delusional...

View attachment 883082

This is before last season where in 18 games

A) Laine was attempting to play center to help the team
B) came back from a concussion only to enter the NHLPAP shortly after he returned from it, was hurt again and was clearly not okay.
The injury had limited Laine to just 18 games this season, during which he registered six goals and nine points. He missed nine games in October with a concussion before suffering the clavicle injury. Laine had also been a healthy scratch for the first time in his career during a mid-November stretch and was sidelined three games with an illness after that.

Attachments

• 1000001389.png
    1000001389.png
    1 MB · Views: 1

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

I detect a pattern here. :shakehead

What a weird concept. When trying to move a 8.7m question mark, teams want to offload their own bad contracts (along with offering a 1st and a positive value roster player in my case).

Your schtick is exhausting. We get it, you are adamant about not taking Anderson.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What a weird concept. When trying to move a 8.7m question mark, teams want to offload their own bad contracts (along with offering a 1st and a positive value roster player in my case).

Your schtick is exhausting. We get it, you are adamant about not taking Anderson.
Way to make me instantly regret giving you any props for your token effort not ten minutes ago, Mr. "let's throw in KJ and see if they notice".

And the only "schtick" I have is "don't treat the Blue Jackets like a doormat and we're cool."

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Way to make me instantly regret giving you any props for your token effort not ten minutes ago, Mr. "let's throw in KJ and see if they notice".

And the only "schtick" I have is "don't treat the Blue Jackets like a doormat and we're cool."

I don't care if you "give me props". I thought the trade was fair, you don't. We could discuss it, or not.

Instead you are more interested in being dramatic, personal and overreacting to my single post over multiple days.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don't care if you "give me props". I thought the trade was fair, you don't. We could discuss it, or not.

Instead you are more interested in being dramatic, personal and overreacting to my single post over multiple days.
Hon, I was reacting to someone else's post by pointing out folks have already gone there. You're the one who decided to take that as an opportunity for bonus salt mining.

Reactions: EquivalentStay

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Hon, I was reacting to someone else's post by pointing out folks have already gone there. You're the one who decided to take that as an opportunity for bonus salt mining.

I don't even know what this means.

I'm sorry you didn't like my trade proposal, but acting like you are isn't productive or making HF fun to be around.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don't even know what this means.

I'm sorry you didn't like my trade proposal, but acting like you are isn't productive or making HF fun to be around.
What it means is that you were one of three people who had already proposed the same rough framework that a fourth person posted, and so to instruct that fourth person I provided all three prior examples for reference. And in response to this, you appear to have taken it deeply personally - or at least personally enough to return to this thread and start haranguing me about how dare I reference previous posts or something.

I'd offer to screenshot your post in the future instead of quoting it for when the fifth, sixth, and so on folks come along with their own Anderson+WPG 1st+defenseman proposals, but I probably wouldn't bother to remember such a commitment so it wouldn't be an honest offer.

Reactions: EquivalentStay

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Not many times that I read.."y'all". 😀

I can't see how we take 8.7 million without shedding at least 5. Then there is the obvious issue and high probability of that money going to waste. Lastly, that money can be used to sign someone like Reinhart, which is not even on the same planet in comparibles.

I can't see any path forward unless this is a friendly trade where return is not the issue as much as how to accommodate the player and the teams.
By the way, I'd like to know how many goals/points at 5v5 Reinhart would get with Roslovic at center and the defensive pairings like Berni, Gudbranson and Bayreuther, Peeke. The only outstanding offensive defenseman he played more than 100 minutes with was Boqvist. 😼

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

But Laine is not Anderson, he is 1 PPG player with 3rd line centers in the line (and Roslovic is a winger more, does not have habits of the centre) and either AHL d-men or defensive d-men with not ideal the first pass.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

Post in thread 'Patrik Laine wants a fresh start and trade out of Columbus'
LeBrun: - Patrik Laine wants a fresh start and trade out of Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: