Player Discussion: Patrik Laine IVever: a new hope? (Laine out of PAP, trade request still stands)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I’ve never seen a tattoo require a full arm sling but hey, maybe it hurt a lot.
Theoretically, it's possible. Immediately after tattooing, certain precautions should be observed, including bandaging. The hand can be fixed for the sake of not stretching the skin, not destroying the tattoo and making the wound heal better. We will see, I hope it is really only tattoo although I don't believe this version too much.

Reactions: Marioesque

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
Theoretically, it's possible. Immediately after tattooing, certain precautions should be observed, including bandaging. The hand can be fixed for the sake of not stretching the skin, not destroying the tattoo and making the wound heal better. We will see, I hope it is really only tattoo although I don't believe this version too much.

I doubt they’d take this photo if it was “only” a tattoo. Unless they tattooed the puppy there it seems like a weird timing.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I’ve got 4 tattoos myself and have seen plenty of people get sleeves done. I’ve never seen one wrapped like that. They also need to breathe and scab in order to heel properly so covering them with anything other than plastic wrap or even a waterproof patch like my last one is excessive.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I’ve got 4 tattoos myself and have seen plenty of people get sleeves done. I’ve never seen one wrapped like that. They also need to breathe and scab in order to heel properly so covering them with anything other than plastic wrap or even a waterproof patch like my last one is excessive.
It's possible, that's why I don't trust this version too much.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
He's also pretty clearly wearing a sling. This was a procedure, not a tattoo.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Back in the 90's I had shoulder surgery when my shoulder kept popping out of its socket. I had the same type of bandage and sling as Laine does. Wore it for about 6 weeks. Had the surgery in the spring and was back playing sports that fall. Laine should be fine with the age and shape he is in.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Did PV have him in positions to succeed? I know folks grumbled alot about not being in his preferred spot on PPs. He obviously excels in certain situations in certain areas of the ice.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Did PV have him in positions to succeed? I know folks grumbled alot about not being in his preferred spot on PPs. He obviously excels in certain situations in certain areas of the ice.
It's clear that Laine wasn't a good player after Andersson took his head off. PP positions or line mates won't fix that. Another early season injury combined with some brain trauma probably send his mental health to new lows and he never recovered.

No coach will be able to fix a player in that state. The most you can ask is for them to recognize the situation and recommend taking time off.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I wonder if he is going to play in the summer league this year? It starts July 11.
I highly doubt it.

Shoulder rehab will take some time, and his condo is still up for sale. Probably some hassle with moving once he returns. Currently living in Florida afaik, so I assume he'll be spending the summer with Barkov and The Stanley Cup

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I highly doubt it.

Shoulder rehab will take some time, and his condo is still up for sale. Probably some hassle with moving once he returns. Currently living in Florida afaik, so I assume he'll be spending the summer with Barkov and The Stanley Cup
Last I knew his GF was living in DC unless they both went to FL.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Summer, he needs rehabilitation of his shoulder. Where is better than by the sea? ;)

couple of years back there was rumors panthers was after him. Wonder if there's a trade at some point.
Couple of years back they did not have Reinhart.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009

Will Columbus Blue Jackets president of hockey operations/GM Don Waddell seek trade offers for Patrik Laine?​

One of the players Waddell is likely to be asked about, if it hasn’t happened already, is Patrik Laine.

The talented Finnish forward has two years left on a contract that costs $8.7 million against the NHL salary cap and is still getting treatment within the NHL/NHL Players’ Association’s player assistance program. Laine began the program Jan. 28, and the situation is merely the latest hurdle in what’s been a turbulent existence for Laine in Columbus since the Blue Jackets acquired him in January 2021 from the Winnipeg Jets. Laine has played for three head coaches with the Blue Jackets – not including Mike Babcock’s 78-day stint last summer – and he’s been slowed by numerous injuries. The Blue Jackets have yet to get a full season of Laine’s elite goal-scoring, and both sides are frustrated about it.
Still, he’s only 26 and opposing GMs may wonder if Laine is a “change of scenery” reclamation project who’s worth pursuing. It’s something Waddell wants to explore, too. He’s hoping to speak with Laine soon, which he’s been cleared to do and is trying to set up through agent Andy Scott.
Once that happens, Waddell will ask Laine something he’s asking all Blue Jackets this summer.

“I always ask, ‘Do you want to be part of this team?’ because I want guys who want to be here,” Waddell said. “Every player I’ve talked to, and I’ve talked to probably 11 or 12 players already, I’ve asked them that question. I want people who want to be here. That’s where it starts. That’s just a conversation I want to have.”
It doesn’t mean trades will automatically happen if the answer is no, but it gives Waddell a list of the potential trade assets he’s most comfortable dealing.

“You’ve got to have two things for a trade,” Waddell said. “You’ve got to have a trading partner and you also need value, what you think is equal value to who you’re trying to trade, regardless of who the player is.”
There’s also an elephant in the room with Laine.

“You don’t lie,” Waddell said. “If you want to make trades continuously with teams in this league, you’ve got to be pretty open. If you know of big issues, like, Laine is one that everybody knows about. So, there’s no hiding behind that. We all know he’s a hell of a player, so the first question people are going to ask me, if that name comes up, is ‘What’s going on with him?’ And, as of today, I’ll tell them ... I’m working on that.”

(Paywall)

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Bobby Mac just said he could see Waddell moving one of Laine or JG .. leaning more towards PL of the 2 being moved . He referenced Waddell saying IF Laine wants to be here ..

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Bobby Mac just said he could see Waddell moving one of Laine or JG .. leaning more towards PL of the 2 being moved . He referenced Waddell saying IF Laine wants to be here ..
I just thought the 'if' came from him not having talked to Laine yet.

Summer speculation will go crazy with even Bobby joining in, and throwing Johnny in the ring too

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Imagine making the choice to move one of the 2 and the one you choose is JG while PL is a complete uncertainty right now.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I have my idea whom I prefer to stay. But if true, one has NMC, the second M-NTC (10 TEAMS). And not fact #29 would agree with trade to the team which is on his untrade list, and that other teams would want him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad