Patrik Laine First NHL Goal & Assist

ruhroh*

Registered Goober
Aug 1, 2016
ur place
Seriously though, awesome ending, happy for Laine to get the 1st goal out of the way and in what fashion. This kid proves time and time again there's always a good chance he comes through when the game is on the line.

Love the start to this season so far. These young guns bring so much excitement to the game.

This sure is something he seems to do pretty much all the time.
I think he scored 2 important last minute goals in the FEL finals and didn't he also do it atleast once in the WJC?

ruhroh*

Registered Goober
Aug 1, 2016
ur place
sick snipe...he could score 50 from that spot like OV
and a great pass on the game tying goal

crazy that 3 of the 4 top picks scored in their 1st game (we gotta wait till next year to see if PLD does the same...)

PLD is never going to be on par with Matthews/Laine/Pulju.
That pick was probably the last Kekalainen makes in the NHL.
Trying to outsmart everyone should happen in the later rounds, not when everyone knows the top 3 is set in stone.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
PLD is never going to be on par with Matthews/Laine/Pulju.
That pick was probably the last Kekalainen makes in the NHL.
Trying to outsmart everyone should happen in the later rounds, not when everyone knows the top 3 is set in stone.
Yep. Definitely felt he got picked earlier. I still see first liner. I just don't see elite forward but who knows

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
PLD deserved to go in the top 5 if you're drafting by position. Time will tell if Jarmo got it right. Either way, CBJ should be primed for another lottery pick next draft, so maybe they'll win 1st overall. >_>

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Google cross-crease pass. Do you think a cross crease pass is threadworthy? Should we make a thread every time someone makes a cross-crease pass? Maybe it's because I see it at least once or twice every PP that I think it's routine.

One of the first articles I see on google when typing in cross-crease pass:

You obviously think it's threadworthy because you're here posting.

It was a great pass under pressure in his first NHL game don't know why you are struggling to take that away

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Wow what a game. Just when your about to hang up the boots, this kid manages to get you off the sofa, seat or where ever you may be sitting. There's been so much talk about Laine's rare ability to rise the gear up when the team needs it the most and once again he didn't leave anyone hoping. That clutch, just amazing.

You can see while he's throwing some good hits out there, he's still so physically raw and that limits the things he can do on the ice. Regardless of this, he's capable of showing up on the highest level in the hockey just by using his wits and skills. Just imagine when Laine gets fully accustomed to the new game, adds more strength and agility, and is fully grown into that huge frame. The sky is the limit. Of course this is a long project and we are talking (few) years instead of months. Eventually he will be amongst the best players and possibly the best goal scorer in the game, I'd expect nothing less. Well, the latter may be up in the air anyway and not a necessary outcome as it's difficult to dictate what the prime Laine will be like at this point of time.

"No, I need two points," he told TSN's Gary Lawless. "Two for the win."

- Delivered. :handclap:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He is extremely poised for his age and seems to have ice water in his veins when the pressure is on. Pretty crazy few days for the top picks in this draft.

Very fun to watch on all fronts.

Booster*

Jan 10, 2016
These rookies get people interested in hockey, they´re great ambassadeurs for the sport. :handclap:

Laine rocked!

Aho was real solid, very impressive on the PP.

Señor Matthews was pure class.

And a big shout out also to our beloved :]

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Kid has an unbelievable shot.

Crazy that the league is starting to flip before our eyes. Passing of the torch has begun

Indeed! Finally the league lives up to the talk of "all this unprecedented talent".

McDavid/Matthews/Eichel/Laine/Puljujarvi/Barkov/Ekblad and many more. To me that generation is the most fun we have had since the mid to early 90's NHL when Bure, Fedorov, Jagr were thrown in to the league together with prospects such as Lindros, Kariya and all the elite old timers.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
With McDavid/Eichel last year, Matthews/Laine this year, and the young crop of forwards(Senko, Gaudreau, Barkov) and DMen(Ekblad, Lindholm, Reilly) I think we could be starting to see the new generation of stars coming up. There are others of course but I really am getting a sense of change this year.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
He reminds me alot of Kovalchuk, without the smooth skating. Hopefully he gets his skating worked out and he will be a treat to watch.

JA

J8WW-emVxHeoIbIXTD5VTM8jwu2F0n8CSB6Hm45N163774PcODuuU-IJzmP1Gaj0FYNvsUpH0J4AbdDOATJ-KaxcqAKuE8qgBIrJ8CmvS3nsnZt04VNK83olwC6BS81IgW-VODqE1ayhTabiS-Q0kMiyGr11fNRhGo0zTd7UaQAjtLw=s0-d-e1-ft

Shift-by-shift footage from Laine's NHL regular season debut:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
There was some extremely poor defense played by that lauded young Carolina D last night. Guys flopping all over the ice and running around.

Laine will score a couple hundred goals from that area with that shot. The pass across the middle to get the game-tying goal started was also a beauty.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $40.00