Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
MTL has also loved some "lazy" players like Kovalev so I don't buy the idea that fans will get on him. If he struggles I think most people will simply say well he's a cap dump, but if he gets hot early they will fall in love and I doubt fans will fall out of love all that quickly.

The haters will come from a certain blue jersey community ;)

Laine really has a habit of beating Matthews head to head when they play. That makeshift rivalry will without a doubt become a topic again when this continues in Habs jersey

AM loves watching Laine shoot, as evidenced here.

And the hat trick goal from their first NHL meeting

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
If it's the same Armia as the one that came up from Laval, he has what it takes to complete the Top-6. Big body, uses his body real well, is real smart with his stick, and has some real skill. 17 goals in 66 games last year (21-goal pace). Playing with skilled guys like Laine and Dach could bump his numbers.
That would also be a really tough line to play against, and would boost Armia's trade value before the deadline if we are not competing for a spot.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Lots of chatter about no downsides but I have 2 possible risks:
- him not buying into the team first mentality and possibly souring the culture our young players have created
- his defensive incapability's hanging our young D out to dry

Maybe those things are minor or may not even happen, but I still think they're possible downsides. And I realize those things do not even closely outweigh the possible positives, so Im ok with the trade.

We’ll see how it goes but for me the telling part of his presser (and it sounded genuine) was when he said he’s no longer 18 and he wants to win, get back into playoff hockey.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
We’ll see how it goes but for me the telling part of his presser (and it sounded genuine) was when he said he’s no longer 18 and he wants to win, get back into playoff hockey.

He got used to winning everything very young, and now he has not been in a place to compete for a while so he is going to be hungry.

Things to consider
He won the U20 world championships (being the best player in the tournament) and Finnish league championship (setting a new playoff goals record and winning MVP)

When he lost in the mens World championships finals as a 17 year old, he did win the MVP trophy of the tournament but he looked like this. Which might offer some context to how much he lives from winning and why the CBJ years were difficult for him.

831067.jpg

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
What an absolute fleece. Even if Laine doesn't work, this is the easily gamble ever. We have the cap space and there's a decent chance he rebounds into a bonafide 1st line scorer.
True. And Columbus dumped an 8.7 million dollar injury prone player who's best two seasons were his first two seasons in 2017 and 2018.
Nobody is complaining in Columbus or Montreal.
Dubois, Huberdeau , Laine.
Im doubtful yet HOPE he makes a splash in Habtown. Good guy with great hands, killer shot.

Reactions: the

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
The haters will come from a certain blue jersey community ;)

Laine really has a habit of beating Matthews head to head when they play. That makeshift rivalry will without a doubt become a topic again when this continues in Habs jersey

AM loves watching Laine shoot, as evidenced here.

And the hat trick goal from their first NHL meeting

Yes, this is another reason why this is a great trade, this rivalry needs to be renewed, it's not one that the teams seem to get that pumped over.

Exactly what kind of epic moron omits Dach from the conversation.....THN is pure trash.
I think this guy mainly covers the Leafs. Probably didn't do his research.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Drou-Drou's former number. 🥰
I definitly think he can have the type of impact that Drouin had in Denver last season. What I like the most of this trade is to provide suitable talent to Dach for him to take a significant step forward next season and if that happens it will remove pressure from Slaf, Suzuki and Caufield.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad