Post-Game Talk: Patrick Russell needs to recalibrate his controller

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I think we as Oilers fans need to start the Draisaitl for Selke train. At least let’s start shining the spotlight so he’ll get nominations down the road cause he is a monster on D. I don’t think there’s a better forward in the league and not many D-men that are as good as him in pass anticipation and interception.

He did say he's trying to model his game like Datsyuk. I don't think he'll win a Selke due to Bergeron being a damn beast of winning that trophy, but Drai being a Selke level of a player = amazing.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Kind of off topic but are there two dumber players in the league than Mathew Tkachuk and Drew Doughty? Maybe we’ll get lucky and the two of them will kill each other tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: ErnieScar Brocket99

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I think we as Oilers fans need to start the Draisaitl for Selke train. At least let’s start shining the spotlight so he’ll get nominations down the road cause he is a monster on D. I don’t think there’s a better forward in the league and not many D-men that are as good as him in pass anticipation and interception.

He’s unreal defensively.

Reactions: 8LX7psQ

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Kind of off topic but are their two dumber players in the league than Mathew Tkachuk and Drew Doughty? Maybe we’ll get lucky and the two of them will kill each other tomorrow.

Tkachuk is more of a shitbag though. It made me grin when I saw Doughty mouthing off to flame fans after he scored in OT. Can't wait til Kassian gets his hands on that turtling coward in the next BOA.

Reactions: ErnieScar Brocket99

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Wish we had Patrick Laine instead of Patrick Russell to pot that empty net goal in the wrong net and get McD a point.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Early of course, but if things keep going well and the players who've been contributing to our success continue their good play...
Leon should get Selke votes and frankly Hart votes
Connor should get Art Ross and Hart votes
Bear should get Calder votes
And on a slightly more daydream note, throw in the Rocket Richard for Neal.

Reactions: dsi

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
0FFA6DF0-396B-4454-A06B-CE282940669F.gif
C’mon McD, like seriously

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Snowpants said:
Detroit a good test in other years we lose to this team- bad/rebuilding team on second half of a back to back on the road was a gimme point weirdly for whoever we faced they always looked like the rested team

We will see but Ibyhink Tipp having a coronary on the ice all day at practice alone will help them come out strong from there I expect ultra Tipp hockey in this one. Lots of clogging the zone and no one moves more than five feet from the puck they will only get to have “fun” next game if they listen and execute this one

With that said predict a 2-0 win and eight main board threads about how Oilersare a trap team

Not bad :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad