Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Intentional doesn't mean completely unavoidable and reckless.

It reminds me several years ago when kronwall blew out his knee in pre season against laraque...

I dont know much about this leaf guy but he looked like someone stuck in cement and out of his league the same way as laraque on kronwall.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Wifi just became my favorite Hab. Good job son, you do those colors proud.

Those who don't like what I said and want to call it an accident, tell that to Laine, see if it makes the injury magically go away. Yeah, it doesn't. Wifi kept the gloves on to send a message and a turtling player ain't someone I want to play alongside on any day of the week. You fight your battles, win or lose.

Reactions: Guess

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
It reminds me several years ago when kronwall blew out his knee in pre season against laraque...

I dont know much about this leaf guy but he looked like someone stuck in cement and out of his league the same way as laraque on kronwall.
I bet they could re run the exact same play 1000 times and 998 times just their feet hit, it was such a crap luck play

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I mean.. why would any star player want to dress for a pre-season game at this point?

Wait till all the career AHLers are sent down before dressing a player like Laine.
Fewer games would force teams to play serious players. Too many games is why we see beer leaguers out there trying to make a name for themselves - or even just not get embarrassed - doing stupid things.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
What is remember more than anything about the bertuzzi play was moore's head getting forcefully driven into the ice. I think that's where the most damage occurred.
Yep, Bertuzzi fully connected with his punch. I think most believe that Moore was already unconscious before he hit the ice and that’s why his arms didn’t really react to falling.

Xhekaj didn’t really connect with that first swing so Paré thankfully was never in that same situation.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Wifi just became my favorite Hab. Good job son, you do those colors proud.

Those who don't like what I said and want to call it an accident, tell that to Laine, see if it makes the injury magically go away. Yeah, it doesn't. Wifi kept the gloves on to send a message and a turtling player ain't someone I want to play alongside on any day of the week. You fight your battles, win or lose.
Tell him to skate with his head up when splitting two players.

Rookie move.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Laine trying to dodge a hit means minor league players don't deserve a chance to make the big leagues?
He lead with his knee after he got out of position because he couldn't handle the pace Laine was entering the zone. It's on Pare to make clean contact. He didn't. No penalty undoes the knee-on-knee and no one pays to see Pare. Where is Pare on the Leafs depth chart? Seriously.

• Love
Reactions: RandR and BlueSeal

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Todd Bertuzzi also had his glove on the whole time, if anything this makes it worse in my eyes as he isn't intending to drop the gloves and challenge him to a fight. He's looking to sucker punch the guy from behind.
Yeah, the difference is that Bertuzzi drove Moore's head into the ice. Xhekaj was never even close to doing that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad