Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't know why habs fans are so outraged , this stuff is part of the game , Laine is playing in traffic there ...... its a scumbag move but what can you do , tough luck hope he recovers quickly
What kind of post is this? Scumbag move, "what can you do?"

Don't be outraged...

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Kirby dach is in this game and I bet he was having some ptsd after this play. His season only lasted 1 game last year due to a knee injury.

Rotten luck in back to back years for this organization to seemingly have the worst case scenario play out so early.

Reactions: egelband

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Mostly to show lack of intent, he went for the arm check and missed causing his knee to come out.
If you look at my first post in the thread on the first page, I stated that it wasn't intentional. But realistically, that doesn't change much because he still did it.

We've seen calls like this happen all the time. Just because it wasn't intentional doesn't mean it's not punishable.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Terrible outcome for Laine. Completely reckless by Paré. No reason for that type of knee on knee hit in the game.

Gotta say—as a Canucks/Bertuzzi fan that was scarred by the Steve Moore incident. Not a fan at all of how Xhekaj went after Paré with a punch from behind. Thank goodness he missed. We absolutely do not want or need players punching each other from behind.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec

Xhekaj gives Pare several opportunities to defend himself and he just keeps skating away. Apparently, other Habs were shoving him. Basically, he didn't want to stand up after throwing a dirty hit. Easy solution there: don't make the hit

Like I said in my last post. Xhekaj kept his gloves on the whole time. So all those hits are much softer than they normally would be in a fight like this.

I don't really care if he kept his gloves on. It still is on the back of the head multiple times.

I didn't see others inviting him to fight. If you got proof of that, go right ahead.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Feel terrible for Laine.

Feel embarrassed for Habs fans in this thread acting like it was intentional.
The knee was as intentional as the punches. The only thing that wasn’t intentional was the degree of injury Laine sustained

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don't know why habs fans are so outraged , this stuff is part of the game , Laine is playing in traffic there ...... its a scumbag move but what can you do , tough luck hope he recovers quickly

That’s as much on Laine as the D man. He wasn’t aware who is on the ice and skated into disastrous situation. He’s not a bright player.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
If you look at my first post in the thread on the first page, I stated that it wasn't intentional. But realistically, that doesn't change much because he still did it.

We've seen calls like this happen all the time. Just because it wasn't intentional doesn't mean it's not punishable.
I wouldn't be upset if he got a cpl games. The end result flat out sucks, I am not a Habs fan at all and still hate that this happened

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yea I agree. Just tough luck. Like Tavares getting knocked out cold and out of series by Perry's knee. Tough luck. Don't know why leaf fans were so outraged or why Foligno immediately thumped Perry.
Tough luck but fortunately Tavares recovered quickly and was ready for the 2nd round. 😉

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Terrible outcome for Laine. Completely reckless by Paré. No reason for that type of knee on knee hit in the game.

Gotta say—as a Canucks/Bertuzzi fan that was scarred by the Steve Moore incident. Not a fan at all of how Xhekaj went after Paré with a punch from behind. Thank goodness he missed. We absolutely do not want or need players punching each other from behind.

What is remember more than anything about the bertuzzi play was moore's head getting forcefully driven into the ice. I think that's where the most damage occurred.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
And yet there was no penalty. Shocking.

We've seen that called time and time again.

Stationary. Leg extension. Pushing left knee outwards.

Textbook kneeing call.

Edit: Just to add, it was 100% NOT intentional. It was reactionary. Having said that, it doesn't negate anything I said above, or the fact that it should have been a 5.
The sheriff took care of the law lol

Reactions: Guess

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Response was quite overstated. Hardly a Moore situation.

Also highly doubt the player was not challenged first and fully knew what was coming his way and chose the cowards way out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad