Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Time to limit rosters to the intended 21-man roster and 12-14 other NHL contracts. No one comes to see these guys. Completely out of his element, unprepared for the pace, adjust his position when he loses the middle of the ice, and leads with the knee. No pre-season penalty makes up for that.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Any penalty?

That’s a tough look for the ref, a lot was going on at the same time. Should have just call major just to review it, one of the good new rule changes i like. Normally penalty reviews are very quick too.

With replays, it a major and game misconduct for kneeing. He kept his leg out when Laine made the move to beat him.

And it's Hebert and Charron who are regular NHL refs.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Todd Bertuzzi also had his glove on the whole time, if anything this makes it worse in my eyes as he isn't intending to drop the gloves and challenge him to a fight. He's looking to sucker punch the guy from behind.
What do you think Rempe would of done?

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I don't know why habs fans are so outraged , this stuff is part of the game , Laine is playing in traffic there ...... its a scumbag move but what can you do , tough luck hope he recovers quickly

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Was really looking forward to watching Laine pop 40 this year. Just an awful looking injury. He’s young though so should be able to get it fixed and come back.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
But he didn't shift his full body. He shifted his knee and his shoulders. His feet stayed in the same place.
Yes but watch his hands/arms, he tries to check him with his arms and Laine dekes it, its that movement of the arms that causes the pivot to the left and the knee coming out

Reactions: brentashton

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Time to limit rosters to the intended 21-man roster and 12-14 other NHL contracts. No one comes to see these guys. Completely out of his element, unprepared for the pace, adjust his position when he loses the middle of the ice, and leads with the knee. No pre-season penalty makes up for that.
Laine trying to dodge a hit means minor league players don't deserve a chance to make the big leagues?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Folks,

Please stop with the trolling and flaming. Will be warned(infracted) and/or banned from the discussion. Thank you.

Reactions: Chainshot

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Good on WiFi. We need more of that to keep idiot scrubs at bay in the NHL. Anyone that complains about the response would be the first to cry if some AHL scrub took out their star player.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA

Xhekaj gives Pare several opportunities to defend himself and he just keeps skating away. Apparently, other Habs were shoving him. Basically, he didn't want to stand up after throwing a dirty hit. Easy solution there: don't make the hit

Like I said in my last post. Xhekaj kept his gloves on the whole time. So all those hits are much softer than they normally would be in a fight like this.

Au secours! This is worse than the Pacioretty hit. Arrest Jerkoff!

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
It is painfully obvious from the video that Pare stuck his knee out. I fundamentally do not know how you can argue otherwise.
He bends his knee and plants to go for a hit, Laine is lined up for a leg injury the entire time what does he think will happen when he runs into the defender with his leg extended out in front of the guy. He actually coasted longer than what is shown in this clip, whether you think the defender made a dirty play or not what Laine did was ridiculous.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
For those with more medical knowledge then me, how does it look? I've heard from many it looks like a torn ACL which is very bad.

Also, was it a dirty play? If so, does Pare deserve a suspension?
It looks like his season is done unless Montreal makes a playoff run.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Yes but watch his hands/arms, he tries to check him with his arms and Laine dekes it, its that movement of the arms that causes the pivot to the left and the knee coming out
You're right, which is why I said he shifted his shoulders. But what exactly does that change regarding his feet and knees and the fact that he extended his knee/leg as Laine was going around him and made the contact knee on knee?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Intentional or not, you have to answer the bell after something like that, I absolutely hate the fact he would not just turn and drop his gloves and fight.

As for the knee itself, I don’t honestly know, but it doesn’t look good.

It was obvious Montréal Canadiens were going to grab him and fight him after, and the referees. What in the world are they doing, this is huge fault for them for not calling a penalty, or handling the situation, absolutely lost control.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Definitely looked more like knee hyper extension than a charlie horse type thing.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
You're right, which is why I said he shifted his shoulders. But what exactly does that change regarding his feet and knees and the fact that he extended his knee/leg as Laine was going around him and made the contact knee on knee?
Mostly to show lack of intent, he went for the arm check and missed causing his knee to come out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad