Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yes the knee came out but I don't think its totally intentional, he tries to check him with his hands and that action turns his body causing his knee to pivot to the left and get in the way.
Somehow I think if that was Marner not Laine and the scrub was on Montreal you wouldn't be quite as forgiving.
ha!
Bullshit start to a game , turned it to Flyers Bruins.
I see the loafs scored on the 7 minute powerplay they got for dressing a wimp scrub.

Reactions: Meuracas

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I mean.. why would any star player want to dress for a pre-season game at this point?

Wait till all the career AHLers are sent down before dressing a player like Laine.
IMO a 2-2-2 system makes sense, 1st 2 just lower level guys, then next 2 a mix of vets and the stand outs from game 1 and 2 and the last 2 should be close to the starting lineup

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
so because he's a bad player out of his element and has no idea about proper positioning/form he's blameless?

if someone doesn't know how to drive and goes and blatantly causes an accident/harm to others because he's clueless is he also blameless?
He isn't blameless what so ever, but I don't think it was intentional
Somehow I think if that was Marner not Laine and the scrub was on Montreal you wouldn't be quite as forgiving.
ha!
Bullshit start to a game , turned it to Flyers Bruins.
I see the loafs scored on the 7 minute powerplay they got for dressing a wimp scrub.
Just because I don't think it was intentional doesn't mean I don't think the situation sucks. I am a Leafs fan and I'm pissed that it happened

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I stand corrected on the age, but it still does not excuse hitting someone in the back of the head over and over.

I am also upset about us fans not getting to see Laine trying to revitalize his career this year. I just won't condone stupid violence because it happens to be done by my team.

Xhekaj gives Pare several opportunities to defend himself and he just keeps skating away. Apparently, other Habs were shoving him. Basically, he didn't want to stand up after throwing a dirty hit. Easy solution there: don't make the hit

Like I said in my last post. Xhekaj kept his gloves on the whole time. So all those hits are much softer than they normally would be in a fight like this.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I'm surprised how many are defending Xhekaj's retaliation. In most discussions I'm one of the more pro-goon guys on this site, I love fighting, love hard hitting old school hockey. Rempe is my fav player. I love Xhekaj too but this was way over the line. This was not an eye for an eye either. If he were to go slew foot the guy and try to tear his ACL for what he did to Laine, fair game. But can't go sucker punching someone from behind, could literally kill or cause a serious life altering spinal injury.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
That was rather accidental, Xhekaj should deserve to sit a game or two for his act of violence tho.
Knee on knee are never accidental. It is what it is though, it happened, nothing we can do about it other than hope it isn’t too bad for Laine. That being said, it sure looks like there’s structural damage there

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He isn't blameless what so ever, but I don't think it was intentional

Just because I don't think it was intentional doesn't mean I don't think the situation sucks. I am a Leafs fan and I'm pissed that it happened
Cool. jusy nit as pissed as Laine and Hab fans.
House league Ref was a puke for throwing WiFi out of game.

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
I'm old school, and Xhekaj did what you do when a teammate goes down like that.

It's sad a star player is injured, I was looking forward to seeing him on Habs. By some nobody who will be cut tomorrow, this is all he'll be remembered for. Show some respect to the veteran.

Reactions: egelband

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I'm surprised how many are defending Xhekaj's retaliation. In most discussions I'm one of the more pro-goon guys on this site, I love fighting, love hard hitting old school hockey. Rempe is my fav player. I love Xhekaj too but this was way over the line. This was not an eye for an eye either. If he were to go slew foot the guy and try to tear his ACL for what he did to Laine, fair game. But can't go sucker punching someone from behind, could literally kill or cause a serious life altering spinal injury.
He invited him to dance, which he refused so he jumped him.

Reactions: c3z4r

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

Xhekaj gives Pare several opportunities to defend himself and he just keeps skating away. Apparently, other Habs were shoving him. Basically, he didn't want to stand up after throwing a dirty hit. Easy solution there: don't make the hit

Like I said in my last post. Xhekaj kept his gloves on the whole time. So all those hits are much softer than they normally would be in a fight like this.

Todd Bertuzzi also had his glove on the whole time, if anything this makes it worse in my eyes as he isn't intending to drop the gloves and challenge him to a fight. He's looking to sucker punch the guy from behind.

Reactions: Zalos and Fatass

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

We've seen this happen before sadly but the new generation don't remember it. I wouldn't be surprised if the NHL handed out extra games for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad