Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Rewatch what actually happened what the hell was Laine doing. He tried to "split?" the defense without even skating and his feet wide apart and a weird bend in his knees. I'm not sure i've ever seen a better way to get your legs broken in the NHL.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Pare isn't holding his ground, he shifts into Laine's path with his leading leg - the knee that gets Laine. That wasn't incidental and it's on the Leaf.

Reactions: NyQuil

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You want some 175 pound guy to fight one of the leagues best enforcers? I hate the hit and think there is no way he takes that. Send someone his size to do it

That's dumb as hell. Don't want to fight one of the leagues best enforcers? Don't throw super dirty knees to their star players.

Pare is absolutely chicken shit for refusing to fight Xhekaj and what Xhekaj did was 100% justified. If you're an AHL scrub throwing cheap shots out there, he either fights someone or he gets jumped.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Rewatch what actually happened what the hell was Laine doing. He tried to "split?" the defense without even skating and his feet wide apart and a weird bend in his knees. I'm not sure i've ever seen a better way to get your legs broken in the NHL.

Blaming Laine for the AHL scrub clearly sticking out his knee is some next tier homerism.

Reactions: JIMVINNY

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Really, really tough here for Laine. Everyone was excited for him to play for the Habs.

Awful hit btw by a no name scrub
Any penalty?

That’s a tough look for the ref, a lot was going on at the same time. Should have just call major just to review it, one of the good new rule changes i like. Normally penalty reviews are very quick too.

With replays, it a major and game misconduct for kneeing. He kept his leg out when Laine made the move to beat him.

Reactions: Tuggy and Guess

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Blaming Laine for the AHL scrub clearly sticking out his knee is some next tier homerism.
He didn't though neither guy ever lifts or moves their feet. Laine shifts his body to the right without even raising his left foot and his leg is in a terrible position.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
hockey would be a fun sport if you never move and just stick your knee out whenever someone's trying to get by you
Yes the knee came out but I don't think its totally intentional, he tries to check him with his hands and that action turns his body causing his knee to pivot to the left and get in the way.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Honestly didn’t seem overtly intentional. Probably should have been a 2 minute penalty. A little more alarmed by Xhekaj’s understandable if unhinged response
Textbook example of players policing themselves when the refs decide to have their blinders on instead of calling penalties.

Reactions: JIMVINNY and PaulD

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
That's dumb as hell. Don't want to fight one of the leagues best enforcers? Don't throw super dirty knees to their star players.

Pare is absolutely chicken shit for refusing to fight Xhekaj and what Xhekaj did was 100% justified. If you're an AHL scrub throwing cheap shots out there, he either fights someone or he gets jumped.

Not to mention, Xhekaj kept his gloves on. He purposely held back but made his point: either you answer for your dirty hit or I'll make you.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Pare is 25 years old and 6'3 205 pounds
I stand corrected on the age, but it still does not excuse hitting someone in the back of the head over and over.

I am also upset about us fans not getting to see Laine trying to revitalize his career this year. I just won't condone stupid violence because it happens to be done by my team.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Yes the knee came out but I don't think its totally intentional, he tries to check him with his hands and that action turns his body causing his knee to pivot to the left and get in the way.
so because he's a bad player out of his element and has no idea about proper positioning/form he's blameless?

if someone doesn't know how to drive and goes and blatantly causes an accident/harm to others because he's clueless is he also blameless?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
When was ODog the skinniest person on the TSN panel? Celebrity endorsement for Ozempic incoming… Hey Dregs, you better up your game bud.

1727567957494.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad