Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
THe AHL guy doesn't move his feet at all. Laine is the one who tries to avoid the hit without moving his feet.
true, there is for sure some blame on Laine but he does pivot his knee outwards.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
leafs fans cried for years after the incident that was a 100% accident. This is a knee on knee coward hit.
the whole glass house thing, I seem to remember the whole Chara thing and Hab fans actually calling the cops.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
leafs fans cried for years after the incident that was a 100% accident. This is a knee on knee coward hit.

Are you sure? He doesn’t seem to move at all? He doesn’t turn his knee out in the traditional cheap shot manner.

Is there a better angle? He’s stationary. Doesn’t turn or move.

One thing about laine is he glides with a really wide stance his legs like a v. I still don’t see how his knee got clipped by a stationary person

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Some of you
Who cares about pre season exhibit A... The Leafs ruined any chances of the Habs competing this year. This is horrible for the league
??? what? Even if this is a season long injury, Laine is not anywhere near good enough a player to elevate a team to the playoffs single handily. This is one of the craziest things I’ve read.

Reactions: Borlag

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The guy wasn't even moving Laine skated right into him

Not much choice, he was being boxed in by two Leaf players.

While I don't think it was an intentional knee, it was a poor move (and not just because of the outcome). Dude really wasn't using his brain well on that play at all. A pro player should know better and have better positioning.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Are you sure? He doesn’t seem to move at all? He doesn’t turn his knee out in the traditional cheap shot manner.

Is there a better angle? He’s stationary. Doesn’t turn or move.
IMO its the last second pivot to the left with his left knee but Laine didn't even try to move his feet when the Leaf player was stationary. The whole thing sucks and I would be right pissed if I were a Habs fan, hell it still pisses me off and I'm a Leafs fan.

cotopaxi

Feb 2, 2015
At some point when a guy is constantly injured, it's just not about bad luck anymore. This injury doesn't sadly surprise me at all. What the heck do you expect when you try to go over the blueline through two AHL guys with your legs way spread out wide like that??

Reactions: SwollenGoat

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Pare didn’t even move, Laine ran into him, bad luck but not a penalty or intentional

THe AHL guy doesn't move his feet at all. Laine is the one who tries to avoid the hit without moving his feet.
I hate that an important player goes down like this, but it appeared to me that Pare is just holding his ground here. Can’t expect him to move out of the way, and he didn’t stick his leg out to catch him. He was already there. That’s why there was no penalty. Just bad luck.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I hate that an important player goes down like this, but it appeared to me that Pare is just holding his ground here. Can’t expect him to move out of the way, and he didn’t stick his leg out to catch him. He was already there. That’s why there was no penalty. Just bad luck.
He extended his knee outward to make contact with Laine.

Textbook kneeing penalty.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
You are essentially calling for him to be Bertuzzi'd. If you really want to see that happen, that is on you lol
Habs fan here and I agree with you, that's just ridiculous. I doubt Paré did that on purpose.

I get wanting to fight him, but you don't send your biggest dude against a teenager and have him punch the young guy in the back of the head repeatedly.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
It doesn’t matter if it’s intentional or not. Laine just came back from a tough break dealing with his own demons/rehabbing from his previous injury. Xhekaj responding the way he did was absolutely called for.

Punching someone in the back of the head is one of the most dangerous and cowardly things you can do.

It is banned in all forms of organized combat including ufc.

This is ridiculous.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
You want some 175 pound guy to fight one of the leagues best enforcers? I hate the hit and think there is no way he takes that. Send someone his size to do it

Yes. If you're going to make dirty plays like that you best be prepared to defend yourself when the team responds. The fact he turtled away instead of simply accepting a fight with someone is why Xhekaj went off.

Guy didn't want anything to do with anyone. So he got the biggest guy on the team to make him answer.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Habs fan here and I agree with you, that's just ridiculous. I doubt Paré did that on purpose.

I get wanting to fight him, but you don't send your biggest dude against a teenager and have him punch the young guy in the back of the head repeatedly.
Pare is 25 years old and 6'3 205 pounds

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I’m not a doctor or anything like that, but from first glance, the way that knee bent, I really hope it’s not career threatening, because it looks brutal

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad